Chapter 13

The stand off was intense. No.

It was insane.

All our eyes were on Big Boss Baby as she pointed that gun at Ted, and he took a step back, holding up his small hands barely, and asking.

His voice so weak.

"Why...?"

"Why?!" She yelled back in tears, and just dashed her eyes back and forth between the four of us. She stumbled back a little, but still kept her aim on Ted and screamed.

"Because I MISSED you!"

Ted blinked slowly, not understanding this... he glanced his eyes up at me and I looked quickly down at him. It was like he was looking at me for some sort of answer, but I think he already knew what it was, deep in his heart.

"Why...?" he asked again. Big Boss Baby had tears slipping down her cheeks and she nearly lowered her hand just the slightest, as she said.

"BECAUSE I LOVE YOU!"

Ted held still. Not in a shocked way... but just a confused one... somehow it felt like he had known this all along... but it still didn't answer our biggest question.

"But why were you killing the BABIES?!" I yelled suddenly, Francis Francis and Huge Boss Baby looked at me as I roared out this question. I needed an answer, too!

She shook her head quickly, denying this and continued in a stutter, "I-I haven't killed anyone."

"Then where is Giant Boss Baby!" Huge Boss Baby yelled, about to run at her but Big Boss Baby pointed the gun back at him, and he froze stiff in his stance.

"They're... they're fine..."

"And how?"

"I never touched them... I just put them somewhere else."

"WHERE!" Huge Boss Baby demanded, stomping his tiny foot and she looked at him terrified.

"Into the future."

"Wha-?!" I said, completely astounded by this, "How the heck did you do that?"

"With this...?" she said, and wiped her wet cheeks with her free hand, as she held the gun forward still pointing it at Huge Boss Baby. We all looked at it, confused, and she continued, almost scared to say, "It's a time gun..."

"Where did you find that...?" Ted said slowly. The way his eyes looked at her, it was like he was adjusting to seeing his old boss as someone new. Not a villain like the way the other three of us saw her... but someone who he cared enough about to know more of the truth.

I bet he wanted to save her... from who? Maybe herself.

"In the inventory..." she stumbled out, her lips trembling and Ted just nodded his head slowly in reply, saying in a barely heard breath.

"...okay,"

"Well bring them back!" Huge Boss Baby suddenly yelled at her, and she shook her head quickly.

"No!"

"Why, you!" the red headed baby fumed, and stamped his foot forward in fury, less afraid of her even with the danger of that gun sending him into an unknowable future.

"WHY NOT?!"

"Not until Ted comes back to work!" she cried and Ted closed his eyes in pain at that bargain.

"N-no!" I suddenly shouted, taking a step forward too and she turned the gun on me that instant as well, "He's a Templeton! He's a family baby! He DOESN'T WANT TO BE HERE!"

My own eyes were getting watery at even the thought of losing Ted, and my brother just whispered to me quickly.

"Tim, it'll be okay..."

"Tell her you don't love her and you want to be a Templeton!" I begged him, turning to look at him, and he saw my eyes. How much pain that was in them.

"I can't..." he muttered out, and my mouth opened in horror.

"Because I do love her..."

"You do?!" Big Boss Baby cried in tears of happiness, and Ted just glared at her, yelling.

"But I'm a Templeton now, and I want to grow up!"

"And forget?!" She asked him, and Ted froze a little at that reply. He stared at her, hurt at that reality that could possibly present itself in his own unknowable future if he did return back with me.

"This is enough!" Huge Boss Baby just shrieked in fury, and began to storm towards her, Big Boss Baby pointing the gun back at him and he yelled, "I don't care if you send me into the future! You are FIRED!"

"N-no!" Big Boss Baby whispered in horror. She began to tremble, before flipping a switch on the gun and winding a dial back all the way as she yelled. "If you come any closer I'll... I'll!"

"You'll what?!" He demanded to know, taking step after step nearer, and she screamed.

"I'll send you back before TIME!"

He seemed to freeze when he heard this, and looked at her with a discerning look, hissing, "You wouldn't..."

"I would... and you will never see Giant Boss Baby again..."

Huge Boss Baby glared at her, his blue eyes piercing into her fearful ones, and he only spat.

"You are never working here again! YOU HEAR ME!" She trembled and shook as he howled these words at her, "You will go down there! And you will FORGET!"

"N-no!" she cried.

"YES!"

"No..." Ted only whispered, his voice quiet and his face worried as he looked at the two boss babies stand off.

"You can't make me!" she yelled at him and he just smirked, looking at her with a dark grin as he continued.

"I fired Francis Francis... I can fire you... with or without your precious gun pointing at me."

She stumbled back as he approached and he asked her, angrily, "Now bring HER back!"

He suddenly lunged forward and Big Boss Baby yelped.

It seemed that time slowed down when we all saw a laser like bullet shoot out of the gun. In our amaze, we all held still, expect for him...

My brother.

He grabbed his suitcase and ran forward, jumping through the air and just as the bullet was about to hit its target of the oldest baby in this cloudy world, Ted blocked it with himself and-

It exploded on him, blasting like a million lights. I screamed, running forward. Big Boss Baby dropped the gun, horrified at what she had done as she yelled.

"Ted!"

When the lights dispersed and cleared... we saw just an ashy mark on the ground of where he had been. I dropped to my knees and screamed, tears rolling down my cheeks, as I yelled at her.

"YOU KILLED HIM!"

"N-no!" she begged back, coming towards me, but I tumbled away, trying not to be touched by that evil baby, "No, I never did!"

My heart was hurting so much. My body felt like it was going to throw up... I was in so much pain.

And then it began...

We all lost our footing as the building began to tremble and shake... like there was an earthquake about to occur up here in the sky. I yelled.

"What have you done?!"

She looked at me, not knowing how to reply and I screamed.

"WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!"

In that second there was a sudden blasting of a white blinding light... as it encapsulated us all.

"Ted!" I yelled, yelling for my brother to save us.

"TED!"