Chapter 6

I felt myself screaming as we spiraled towards the ground. All this time I never took notice of Ted who was quickly pressing buttons and calibrating the ship's controls so it would not just smash down below but fly, fly and save us both.

And he did.

My mouth was still drumming out my terrified scream, my lungs losing all their air, till there was a sudden hard jump up a little in the sky. I bumped my head on the low ceiling and just peeped out in pain.

"Ah!"

"You okay there, Tim?" Ted said, his voice steady but with a little haste. I took in a few deep breaths and my brother only huffed a smirk, adding, "You don't need your nappy changed?"

"No!" I said, annoyed at that remark and Ted just gave a small chuckle. I turned my eyes slowly away from him, to the rocket glass screen, and saw the sun in the distance was starting to split through the horizon. It was a golden crisp light, and when it hit my eyes, they burnt.

"Ah!" I said again, covering my peepers with my forearm, to block out the sun's laser like rays. I soon became aware of how jittery the rocket ship was. It was shaking terribly with chaotic turbulence, and I uttered to my little brother. Fear tightening my chest.

"Ted... will, will we get there soon?"

"Sure we will, Tim..." Ted said to me with a calm wink and I gave a nervous smile back. But all I could imagine was the fact that I was still two thousand feet above the ground.

I felt something warm and small touch my shivering hand, and I looked to the side to see that Ted was being the paternal figure to me once more and was trying to calm me by placing his hand on mine like mum and dad would.

I swallowed, but worried tears were still rising in my eyes, and he looked at me concerned. My brother said slowly.

"Hey, hey... it'll be okay, Tim..."

I nodded my head, but the words that escaped my mouth were the ones to a question I needed to know the answer to, in case I died on this trip.

"Were you really-" Ted's ears perked up as he listened confused to what I was about to say. "Were you really thinking of returning back to Babycorp?"

He looked at me, lost, and seeming puzzled as to why I was asking this.

"No, Tim- why?"

"B-because," I muttered, ashamed at myself about the worrying thought of the suitcase in his hand and the way Ted acted up there. "You took your suitcase up with you to babycorp... and the way you stared at your old cubicle."

"Oh Tim..." Ted said, bemused to hear this. He shook his head gently and pressed another button on the ship to try and keep it suspended in calm flight. He looked at me and gave a mature but soft smile. "I don't want to stay up there... it's just... when I'm in this state... when the formula is in me... I remember what all of it was like. I was just reminiscing... but I wasn't missing."

He pat me on the hand and returned back to steering the ship, but to me... I still was not too okay with that answer. I was glad he had finally reassured me that the Templeton household was where his heart and home placed most. But when we did solve the baby mystery, which I was so sure that the two of us could... he was going to go off the formula once more... and return to just being a baby again... forgetting...

Only being half the brother I knew and loved.

I said to Ted, as I looked at him, and kept my eyes off the death plummet below.

"When you are off the formula... do you remember who you still are... or do you feel like you are someone e-else...?"

Ted's eyes seemed to become still in their stare. He became even more deep in thought and if he wasn't already quiet at that moment, it was like he would never make another sound again.

"I-" he began, and his hands were on the steering wheel, keeping so very silent. "I don't remember... anything"

My eyes widened slowly-

Suddenly the ship started to blink red lights as it beeped its alerts, saying.

"IN NEAR PROXIMITY OF TARGET!"

We both quickly aimed our eyes to the glass shield, seeing we were in the Texas countryside and a giant farm with a huge red barn was in the distance below us.

Ted quickly got ready to press the eject button but I said to him in a hurried frightened voice at his sudden near action.

"Wait!"

He looked at me confused and I pulled out the two parachute backpacks.

"Of course!" Ted said as he grabbed the smaller backpack off me and strapped it on. "How could I forget the most important thing!"

I nodded my head, a goofy smile on at how silly the two of us had nearly been, and Ted slammed down on the eject button-

But in the second that I saw his small hand collide with the button, what Big Boss Baby said suddenly made its way back into my memory.

"Don't forget the red control pad!"

"The only way back..." I whispered, remembering this and as the seats started to power up to bounce us out the opening roof of the ship, I looked around in minus split seconds.

Seeing it.

I grabbed it, holding it tight. Before we were both sprang upwards into the sky. I could feel the wind gusting against my body terribly harshly, but I tried to not let this preoccupy my urgency to find my brother.

Suddenly I saw him diving through the sky and I screamed. A second later the propelling force the spring chair had given me to go up had run out, and I suddenly began to dive instead of rise. I screamed as I fell. I watched Ted, hoping he would release his parachute- but- BUT he kept FALLING!

"TED!" I screamed.

I quickly used my free right arm to find the chord of my chute and in a second it exploded up like a mushroom. I felt a huge tug as it pulled me into a safe descend.

I kept looking for my brother... but saw... in pure dire relief...

A red parachute in the far distance blow up in the wind, floating the infant Ted to the ground.

"YES!" I screamed, cheering and swung my arms forward as if I was cheering for a goal. But the moment I did that, what happened of course?

The control pad tumbled out of my hand. I quickly tried to catch it to stop its fall into the unknown corn fields below. But as I stumbled forward in the air... it slipped from my grasped and dropped onto the roof of a red barn, sliding down and falling through a gap in the wooden planks. Disappearing inside the farm building.

I gulped and uttered out, feeling mighty stupid.

"Uh oh..."

Before I saw the ground approach so quickly, I screamed and dropped into a field of corn.

Knowing one thing the most out of everything else-

I needed to get that control pad back a.s.a.p