4

"Come on, Maria." Elena dragged her sister.
"Where's Jeremy? I haven't seen him since we came back from Hereafter."
"He's probably just out. He's a teenage boy with friends. And Caroline wants you to come to Senior Prank Night."
"I'm not even a senior." Maria protested.
"No, but I am, besides you missed yours. Caroline says it's a rite of passage if you're going to live in Mystic Falls."
"Caroline is your friend. I still need to catch up with Sara. I haven't spoken with her since I told her I was back."
"Catch up with her tomorrow. Please, I know we don't always get along but you love pranking and stuff."
"Not with kids at least seven years younger than me."
"I will stop with the snide comments and be nice to you for a week if you do this. I promise. Besides who better to prank the high school than you?"
"Fine. Starting tomorrow at noon you're going to be an angel for 168 hours."
"Fine. Why noon?"
"Because I won't be up earlier than that."
"Only you. Come on." Elena rolled her eyes.

"Ohh! Oh, come on! Seriously?! Do you know how long it took for us to set all this up?!" Caroline protested as Matt walked into the classroom.
"Forgot about senior prank night, huh?" Tyler asked.
"Clearly" Matt replied.
"How could you forget? We've only been waiting for this since like freshman year."
"Yeah, Matt. If I'm doing this, you're doing this." Elena roped him in.
"Elena will force you to do this Matt no matter how much you protest. I'm speaking from experience."
"I'm kind of surprised any of you are doing this." He spoke up. For everyone else in the room it had a double meaning. Maria chalked it up to the loss this town had suffered.
"Caroline's making us."
"Except for me. Elena's making me."
"We're about to be seniors. These are the memories that will stay with us forever, and if we don't..."
"And if we don't create these memories now, then what's the point of it all?" Elena mocked, finishing off Caroline's little speech.
"Go ahead and make fun, I don't care."
"You're all lame. And I've got ten more classrooms to prank."
"Yeah, I'm going to my old art classroom." Maria spoke up. She poured paint on the floor and put some on the teacher's chair. She went to the cupboard and painted a line on every canvass. She did all she could think of before heading to the gym. There was bound to be something there. She walked in to see a girl with her foot in the air, and a guy next to her. Some other, really hot, guy was in front of Bonnie. Her eyes widened as she recognised him. She quickly masked her face, as she remembered how he tried to compel her to forget him. He'd never known she was a witch, so he had no reason to think it hadn't worked, so she was stuck pretending not to recognise her ex boyfriend.
"Ah, Dana, why don't you relax? You and Chad sit tight." He said. The girl who had her foot in the air put it down and the guy next to her sat down.
"What the fuck is going on?"
"And who might you be dear?" He said and then looked up. He remembered her immediately. "Maria?"
"Who are you? And how do you know my name?"
"Your worst nightmare." He replied. Maria took one look at his face before she burst out laughing.
"Funny, really. Now you were saying?" He stood in front of her and 'compelled' her.
"Remember, now." He said. She decided it would be funnier if she messed with him and didn't remember straight away.
"Well, I would. But, see, my mother always taught me not to tell strangers my name. Sorry, not sorry."
"Ugh vervain is a pain in the ass. Who even introduced you to it?"
"Ooh, I love vervain. I had this one friend back in London and she basically got me hooked. Crap, am I an addict? I mean, it is a herb and all. Apparently it's supposed to be good for my skin. She did also say it would keep the monsters away or something, but she's always been crazy. And it's so nice when you drink it with tea. Which does remind me, I haven't had my daily dose yet, and it should wear off in a second." Maria rambled, aware he was taking this information in and that he'd probably try to compel her again. And she also had her necklace, much like the one she gave Jeremy, on. She reached out her hand for a handshake. Instantly he crippled.
"Are you okay?" She asked pretending to be concerned.
"What are you?"
"I'm a girl. Have you never seen one before? There are three others in the room. Elena who the hell is this clown?" The guy smirked at her once he got up.
"I'm Klaus."
"Santa?"
"No. My name is Klaus. And I have something to take care of. Go to your friend."
"Who?"
"Elena. She is your friend right?"
"Debatable. We kinda hate each other most of the time. I suppose we're frenemies."
"Just go over to her."
"Sure, I'd love to get away from your deranged ass." She said  and walked over to her sister.
"I assume you're the reason Elena's still walking around alive?" He asked Bonnie.
"Actually, I think her parents had something to do with that. See, when a mommy and a daddy love each other..."
"Shush, Maria." Bonnie hushed her. "That's right. If you want to blame someone, blame me."
"Why would he blame Bonnie for something your parents did." Everyone ignored her.
"Oh, there's no need for blame, love. Just your witchy interference seems to have caused some undesirable side effects. And since you caused the problem, I'm going to have you find the fix."
"Witchy? I think your friend's out of his mind Elena."
"Klaus is not my friend."
"Wait is he the guy who went out of town with Stefan?"
"Yeah, how'd you know?"
"Because, I'm very perceptive. He's the complicated one?"
"Yes."
"Right. So where's Stefan?"
"I don't know. Somewhere." A girl with blond hair entered the Gym holding Tyler in a tight grip.
"Get off me."
"Yeah, get off him." Maria said.
"Hush now." She said to Tyler before asking "And who are you?"
"I'd like you all to meet my sister Rebekah. Word of warning...She can be quite mean."
"Don't be an ass." Rebekah said pouting.
"Damn, you guys got good genes in your family. So you have seen a girl before."
"Debatable. Rebekah, don't shake her hand. There's something about it. She might have a protection spell around her, though she didn't used to."
"You do realise that in your pathetic attempt to insult me, you've only insulted yourself. And w"
"I have no idea. I shook his hand and he just, well, just fell to the ground. I thought he was having a fit or something. Why would he even think it's me? And I've never met him before. Santa's weird, ya'll."
"Because my brother doesn't have fits. Other than fits of temper." Rebekah pushed Tyler to her brother.
"Leave him alone!" Elena shouted.
"I'm going to make this very simple...Every time I attempt to turn a werewolf into a vampire hybrid, they die during the transition. It's quite horrible, actually." Klaus said.
"Elena, your boyfriend's friend is delusional. I got admitted into psychiatric care for less. Trust me, he needs help."
"I'll explain it all later, Maria." Elena said.
"Who are you to Elena?" Klaus asked
"I told you. We're frenemies." Maria turned to Elena. "Told you, you shouldn't have brought me. The only reason I was here was to prank. I'm going to find a classroom."
"You're not leaving" Rebekah was suddenly in front of her.
"What the fuck? How the fuck do you move so fucking fast. Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god. What's going on. Who are you? What are you?" Maria said, her breathing becoming quick and laboured. She was always good at acting.
"Sweetheart, I'm a vampire." Rebekah replied.
"Th-that's impossible. Elena tell her it's fucking impossible. Fuck's sake what did I just walk in to?"