29

"Kara!" Maria yelled as she opened her door, and received yet again another surprise visitor. "What are you doing here?"
"Well, T called and asked if I was doing anything and I said no, and she asked if I wanted to come and that you might need help."
"Alright. Now, as an amazing, and dear friend, would you like to come in?"
"You're inviting me in to your vampire free house?"
"You're an exception."
"Thanks, love."
"Anytime, honey." Maria and Kara smiled at each other. Kara had started out as a penpal when Maria was in America and when she came to England they'd met for the first time. Maria realised almost immediately that Kara was a vampire but didn't hold it against her. "Come in. So my house is a little crowded. That's Lydia, who started out as a neighbour and developed into a friend. Big Sara, who baby Sara was named after. She's a little weird, so be careful."
"That's all right. All the best people are a little mad."
"Tiana and Michael are over there, and you already know them."
"Why, yes I do."
"Lydia, Sara. This is Kara, she came from England because she was bored and apparently to help me out?"
"Sorry, but I thought with the whole compulsion thing, it'd be easier to get Hanna, and we found the spell to help her out so yeah." T explained.
"It's fine, I don't mind having Kara around."
"Pleased to meet you." Kara said to Sara and Lydia.
"Pleasure is all mine." The two replied together and then looked over at each other.
"Anyways, come on in and sit down. Michael, come here." Michael stood and followed Maria who left the living room. She led him to the kitchen.
"What's up?"
"I'm hungry and you're the designated cook."
"Thanks for not sugarcoating it." He replied sarcastically.
"Yeah, I don't do that stuff babes." She told him. She gave him a kiss on the cheek. "Is that an appropriate thank you?"
"Well, I think in order for it to be a proper thanking, a proper kiss is in order." He smiled cheekily.
"Don't get too ahead of yourself. We're not even dating."
"Yet."
"You're a cocky little shit aren't you?" Michael just smirked as he got ingredients out of the fridge.
"Why don't you go to the living room? I'll be done soon."
"I can keep you company."
"Go! It's bad host manners. Go to your guests. I'll use magic, so don't worry about me."
"If you're sure."
"Definitely. Go, Maria. It's fine."
"I feel guilty."
"For what?"
"Leaving you to slave away in the kitchen with no company?"
"Maria, I'm serious." He said. Maria sighed and nodded.
"Fine."
"See ya later, alligator."
"In a while, crocodile." She replied and left the kitchen, only to be ambushed by her friends.
"You two are cute!" Kara squealed.
"Yeah, well you're not! What are you guys doing eavesdropping?"
"Well..." Lydia started then pointed at T. "It was her! She suggested it!"
"Actually it was her!" T pointed at big Sara, who in turn pointed at Kara.
"She's the one with the vampy ears. We couldn't hear a thing."
"It was the baby!" Kara said and the rest of them nodded vigorously.
"Never mind. I just- I can't- I won't. Just never mind." Maria said, not wanting to get into it. She picked her daughter up. "Hey, babe. Do you like your new aunties? Huh?"
"Awa. Lilla. Sawa." She named. She was pretty smart for a three year old.
"Yes, thats auntie Kara, auntie Lydia and aunty Sara. She has your name!" Maria said. The other women in the room gazed at the interaction between mother and daughter interested. It was a cute sight.

"Kara, since you did fly all the way out here, I suppose utilising your skills wouldn't be the worst thing. Wanna go pick my baby sister up together?"
"Yeah of course." Kara smirked. "T, you're in charge. Lydia, I trust you to look over T, make sure she doesn't get too T-like. Sara. Don't get too hyper with the baby."
"Yay! I'm in charge!" T squealed.
"Lyd." Maria said.
"We'll be fine."
"Food is ready!" Michael said walking back in.
"Thank you, Mikey. Just give us ten minutes." Maria told him before grabbing Kara hand and disappearing.

"You have done a background check on Maria. She's come up clean, and you have nothing against her. She has filled out the necessary paperwork, and you are happy to send Hanna home now." Kara said and the lady repeated after her.
"How did you do that?" The lady asked.
"I didn't do anything, you won't remember this. All you'll remember is that Maria came to pick up her sister." The woman's eyes glazed over before she blinked it away.
"Come with me, Hanna is this way."
"Maria?" Hanna asked once she saw her older sister.
"Hey Hanna. Told you I'd find a way, right?"
"Awesome!"
"You ready?"
"Started packing ages ago!" She exclaimed.
"Good." Maria smiled. "Let's go."
"I'm Kara, by the way." Kara smiled as they walked out.
"Um Hanna." She smiled.
"Kara's a vampire. But she's more of the cute fuzzy kind instead of the evil villains kind." Maria laughed as she got in the car. Hanna giggled at her sister's description.
"I'm one of a kind." Kara assured. "Not that that stops your sister from making friends with them."
"Please, name two."
"We'll start with the obvious- Klaus Mikaelson. But let's not forget snoopy Judy. And Hair Styler Tyler. Or Smelly Melly. There was also Handsy Andy. Need I go on?"
"You gave them nicknames?" Hanna asked in disbelief.
"That's all Kara." Maria told her sister. "Girl's a little crazy."