43

~~Maria POV~~
I had given Liz a necklace, much like the ring I'd given Jeremy when I first got to town. I warned Caroline that she wouldn't be able to touch her mother for a while. She didn't like it, but with Cyrus around, I wasn't going to take any chances.
Once the party was over, everyone decided to stay over at mine, no one bothered to walk over to Lydia's, so the house was very cramped. Jeremy and Michael had to sleep in the living room.

The next morning, there was loud banging on the door. By the time I got there, T was already at the door.
"Are you serious?" She was saying.
"T, who is it?" I called walking closer.
"Elena and her boy toys."
"Why are you here?" I raised my brow standing next to T. I nodded at T to go inside. "I'll take care of this."
"I just want to know what's going on. I mean you tell Caroline to tell us to watch out because there's a psycho vampire."
"Elena, it isn't any of your business." I sighed.
"It is totally my business." She said. "If there's a psycho vampire out there trying to kill me, I deserved to know."
"You mean, the same way I deserved to know why my friends died?"
"You found out."
"You tried to tell me it was Klaus's fault."
"It was a mistake."
"Look Elena. What happens in my life is up to me-"
"But this isn't just your life. It's mine too."
"Which is why I told you that there's a psycho out there that might possibly come after you. But beyond that it really isn't any of your business. If it is, I'll tell you. But the fact remains, you don't need to know."
"You have something a psycho vampire wants, sis." She tried pulling her doe eyes. "I want to help you. Damon and Stefan can help too. Bonnie can help. I love you, Maria. I don't want to see you in trouble."
"You know, once upon a time I might have told you, but the thing is, I don't trust you. Not since you gave me up to the original witch. Not since you decided to tell your boy toys everything about my life. I've trusted you before, and Sara almost got burnt by your betrayal. Leave, and just stay indoors or something." I tried to close the door but she stepped inside.
"I can still enter." She said.
"And what are you going to do?"
"Stefan, Damon. Would you like to come in?" Elena smirked. The brothers tried to get inside, though it didn't work. Well it might have, but I was a witch. I had ways to keep unwanted vampires out, invitation or not. Of course, Elena didn't know that, and she didn't need to.
"You thought you'd be able to invite them in?" I scoffed at her.
"We're family, doesn't that mean that I can invite vampires in."
"Maybe if you lived here, but you don't. You're not even welcome here."
"Invite them in?" Lindsay's said walking up to us. I groaned, I needed to get a mirror or something so I could see when someone was walking up behind me. "You know about vampires?"
"Wait, you know?"
"Yes well, when my boyfriend's twin tried to suck my blood, I found out about vampires."
"So they are twins?" I asked. "You've seen them both at the same time?"
"Yeah, I have." She said. "Chris saved me from him, actually."
"Right," I said. I pushed Elena out of my house. "Anyways, Elena, just keep your boy toys around you. He's only been a vampire for three years at the most. They can handle that, can't they?" I closed the door and walked back in with Lindsay. "C'mon Linds, we have a lot to catch up on."

"So how do you know Cyrus?" Lindsay asked me as a gave her a cup of tea.
"Long story," I shook my head.
"Oh, come on. It's only me."
"I know." I said. "Anyways, so Cyrus attacked you, his brother saved you and you fell in love with him?"
"Yeah, basically." She shrugged. "But it was slower than that."
"Do you take vervain?"
"Yeah, Chris didn't want Cyrus to compel me or anything."
"Does Mabel know?"
"Yeah, she grew up with this. Founding family and all, I told her and she filled me in everything else."
"I should probably tell Sara about vampires and everything."
"Sara doesn't know?"
"Well, no. I mean there hasn't been time to tell her." I shrugged. "I'll tell her today."
"Oh, okay." She shrugged. "Hey, now's your chance. She's coming now."
"Yeah, you're right." I said and Lindsay walked out.
"Hey, Maria." Sara grinned.
"Hey, biter."
"Don't go there!" She frowned.
"Sara, are you okay?" I asked her. "You seem upset."
"Maria, it's just you've been my best friend since I got out of the institution. People usually find me too odd to get to know. Too weird, but you ignored that and you just bought me lunch and sat next to me." She smiled wistfully. "I don't like seeing you so upset. It kills me to see you so withdrawn, and sad. I mean, where's the girl who insisted that clouds were fluffier than rainbows? That the moon didn't exist, it was just a huge odd shaped satellite the government used to spy on everyone? The girl who encouraged me to try to steal a horse for a few hours?"
"I'm sorry, Sara. I love you too, and you shouldn't worry. I'm still here. I'm just going through some tough spots but I'll be fine. But there is something I do have to tell you."