15

"Hello? Anybody home?" Maria asked as she walked in through the door, resting her keys on the table in the hallway. "Guys?" There was a note on the table.

We're all at the Salvatore house. Meet us there,
xxx T

"Hello!" Maria called as she walked into the Boarding house. At least she still had her keys.
"Hey, Mia. Come on in." Jeremy replied walking out onto the landing.
"What're you guys up to?"
"Oh, we were just talking, about your time in England- Hey did you really almost kill a guy?"
"Nope, that was T." Maria grinned walking to the living room where they all sat. "She was telling me to cross the road every time a car was close. So when the bus came- it was the W9, right? Anyways, this guy thought she was serious so he tried to cross, and the bus horned at him. He got to the other side though, and he was fine."
"I have no idea what W9 means, but I'm going to assume that's the name of the bus."
"Close enough. Well, there was this trip to the Barbi-"
"Nope, T don't you dare go there. That is off limits." Maria sighed. "Why is there a dead guy on the floor?"
"Meet the vampire vampire hunter, Mikael." Damon said. Instinctively, Maria moved closer to Jeremy. She gave him a look and he nodded and walked out.
"And you need a vampire hunter for what?" Elena sighed, and debated whether to tell her sister the truth.
"To kill Klaus." Maria was stunned for a moment. She composed herself.
"Okay."
"You don't have any qualms about that?"
"Well he did kill my aunt. And I'm aware that if it wasn't her it would've been someone else and that you would have done the exact same thing but she was my aunt. I just refuse to have a part in it. The guys been alive for 1000 years, it won't be that easy to trick him."
"And that's the only reason?"
"Are you accusing me of something?" Maria raised a brow. Elena stared at her.
"Should I?"
"What exactly is it that you're worried about? Aunt Jenna and I were close. She was 4 years older than me, so she and I were more like friends. He managed to kill her. Elena, I would never forgive anyone for taking such a bright light from this world. I mean even if Jenna herself somehow managed to come back to life and tell me to forgive him, it probably wouldn't work. And Uncle John was sort of like an older brother to me. The age gap between him and me was like double the age gap between me and Jenna. He may have been a dick, but he was there for me often. John was the one to scare of Dylan Jones when he got too touchy. The one who chauffeured me around. When Xander died, he was there for me. So why would I try to stop you? Besides you forgot the fact that he did kill you. You just came back from the dead. So that might have a hand. You are, after all, my sister. So go ahead and kill him. I don't care about him. I just can't take part in it."
"Why? You have all these reasons. It's not like he's human."
"Neither are Damon and Stefan. I hate him but I can't kill him. Just like I'm not trying to kill the man that killed my brother. I can't, Elena. Because I'm not the kind of person that can kill someone- human or vampire."
"Damon'a saved my life on more than one occasion."
"So? Klaus actually did save my life a few times. At the end of the day they both murdered someone close to me."
"Are you comparing me to Klaus?" Damon looked at his brother, then Elena, then back to Maria. "You're lucky you're Elena's sister."
"See- if I weren't related to you and there was no risk of hurting your feelings he would've tried to kill me. Someone who has people that care about her. Someone who's innocent. I would have killed him if I were the type of person to go around killing bad people but I have this thing against killing people."
"So if you could go back in time and kill hitler as a kid, you wouldn't do it to save all those unfortunate souls?"
"No because the fact that I went back in time to a time where I shouldn't then who knows how I might affect the timeline. I may kill hitler and come back only to find out it was someone else who rose to power and was responsible for it and have ended up killing someone who may have turned out to be good."
"Why do you have an answer for this?" Rebekah chimed in. "I'm Rebekah. You must be the unfortunate soul who got mixed up with my brother. I admit, I was expecting more."
"We met? At the school. I crippled you for a few minutes? You must be the sister who always disappoints. Or so Klaus said. I don't know, I think for this one instance I'm inclined to believe him. After all, you- his sister- are plotting to kill him."
"Can vampires get headaches? I think I'm getting one." Damon complained.
"What you mean like this?" T focused on giving Damon multiple aneurysms.
"Okay let's get back on topic. Um-" Elena faltered.
"Tiana." T told her.
"Alright Tiana, please stop. We're wasting time. And we have a plan, we just need to execute it. Now."
"Actually I need the toilet." Michael said, almost jumping around.
"That means the bathroom, in case you don't know." Maria said matter-of-factly.
"You guys call the bathroom, a toilet?" T rolled her eyes at the stupid question.

"Your father is dead." The phone was pretty loud and Maria could just about make out what Klaus replied. Michael was taking his time.
"What did you say?"
"Oh, my mistake. Not your actual father and not dead. Mikael. Daggered. What do you want me to do with the body?"
"Well, first I want you to explain to me exactly what happened."
"Mikael followed Elena to the boarding house. Damon and I vervained him. We realised he had a dagger, which by the way he planned to use on your sister so, you're welcome. We must have surprised him and Elena managed to stab him with said dagger."
"I wanna see him. I want to see his rotting body for myself."
"Well he is here. Come by whenever."
"If you are lying to me Stefan, your compulsion will expose you. So, answer with your life: Is what you are saying the truth?"
"It's true. I saw it with my own eyes."
"I wanna talk to Rebekah."
"That's not a problem. She is right here."
"Hello Nik." Rebekah took the phone.
"Rebekah, love. What's this I hear about Mikael's tragic run-in with the dagger?"
"It's true. He's finally out of our lives for good. I miss you. I'm miserable here." She said
"I'll be home soon."
"Good, I'll see you then, brother."
"Wait. I want to talk to Maria."
"And that would be who, now?"
"I'm sure someone filled you in?"
"True." She held the phone out to Maria but took it back again. "But what makes you so sure she's here?"
"Because if anything were to happen to Elena she'd be there to help protect her sister. She's loyal like that."
"Tell him he can go suck my-" T covered Maria's mouth.
"Basically she will not speak to Klaus. No matter what."
"Well I can't force her. And she absolutely refuses to talk to you."
"Tell her she'll want to. It's about Sara." Maria immediately took the phone.
"Give me a second." Maria grabbed Tiana's hand and dragged her upstairs. As soon as they found an empty room, T began a privacy spell.