16

"Why are you bringing up Sara?" She exploded, before T even finished her spell.
"Hey I'm not done yet." She protested.
"Well something has happened." Klaus told her. "I need to speak with you face to face."
"No. I spoke to a friend. Sara's fine. This is just some trick of yours. Leave me alone you sick bastard."
"Then explain to me why Faith McCutchen's head was delivered to your old house."
"Why do you have my place under surveillance? Sara is fine." Maria hung up and threw the phone onto the bed in anger, raking fingers through her hair. "I need you to take me there. Magically. Now."
"Of course. I think I found a spell in my grimoire the other night. I'll see what I can do." Maria picked up the phone.

Maria stormed downstairs and threw it in the general direction of the vampires before running out.
"Maria!" Elena called, running after her.
"Not now, sis." Elena, however, did not relent. She ran alongside Maria.
"Maria, I'm going to keep running with you. If you don't want to tell me about Sara, whoever she is or Faith, that's cool. But I am your sister. Despite being a total bitch sometimes and really annoying, I am here for you. You're my big sister. Have been for the past 12 or so years."
"Thanks Lena, but this is something I need to do alone. I love you too sis." Maria gave a smile before pushing off and running faster leaving Elena behind. She ended up running to her place. For some reason she couldn't go inside. She couldn't bring herself to. So she sat on the porch. She got out her phone and called Faith. If Klaus was right then something might have happened to Sara. And she could never live with herself if she didn't check it out. She'd only talked to Sara the night before the last. The number went to voicemail.
"Hey." The girl next door said.
"Hi, you're Lydia, right?"
"Yeah, and you're Maria?"
"Yeah."
"You look upset. Want some tea? I find it more relaxing than coffee."
"Well coffee is loaded with caffeine, but yeah sure. That'd be nice."
"Shut the door after you, please." She said, walking inside. Maria stood up and hopped over the barrier between their houses.
"So you live alone?" Maria called.
"Yeah. I used to live with my sister but she's gone to college, so I'm alone now."
"Big house."
"Yeah, you too. Living alone."
"I don't even know. I mean it's my house, but I'm not sure if my friends are going back to England or if they'll stay here with me. And there's my brother. I've offered for him to come stay with me so if he decides to he will."
"How old is your brother?" Lydia asked.
"17." Lydia offered her a cup of tea. "There's also my little sister. I recently found out she was alive and was in foster care. So I'll be looking after her as soon as I get the necessary paperwork done."
"Cool. So your little sister is definitely, your brother and friends are a maybe."
"Well I'm sure that T and Michael will probably stay here. I mean we met like 2 years ago but we've been through some stuff. So I guess they're more of an almost definitely. And Jeremy probably won't because the house we grew up in has too many memories. I just didn't want to face the loss too."
"Who is looking after him?"
"My other sister lives there. Elena, she's 19 but also a friend of the family lives with them, as a guardian. He dated my aunt before she died."
"Any more family?" Lydia joked.
"I have a daughter."
"You do?"
"Yeah, but oh god. It was almost 2 and a half years ago, before I left Mystic falls. I was in a panic- I couldn't think- I couldn't remember the self defence techniques or anything-I didn't know what to do." Maria sipped her tea. "I was raped, and I had no one to turn to. I stayed in my room and refused to go out. No one could figure out what was wrong with me. When I was 6 months I told my aunt. My parents had died in an accident. She suggested I get away from Mystic Falls for a while. She flew to England-" Maria couldn't hold back her sobs at all. "I'm sorry. Anyways she came to England for when I gave birth."
"That was sweet of her."
"Yeah. She wasn't much older than me. Barely a couple of years. She'd always been more like a sister to me. She'd help as much as she could but she had a 15 and 17 year old depending on her too. Sara, that's what I named my baby girl, was an angel but I still couldn't have her, so I put her up for adoption. But now I'm not sure about anything or if she's even okay so my friend is getting me a ticket ready. My ex boyfriend who apparently still stalked my old house said someone sent me a box with the heart of Sara's adoptive mother in it."
"Oh god."
"What kind of person does that?" Maria sobbed. "I'm sorry, it's just I have no idea if she's okay. If the police are looking after her. I don't know what to do. What if I get to England and there's no one to tell me if my baby's alright? And there's my sister and brother who don't even know about her. And I probably should tell them but I'm so confused as to why anyone would do such a horrible thing when there's a baby involved."
"I'm sorry." Was all Lydia said as she comforted the distraught girl.