F i v e

"Hey bats, got a mission for us... Are you okay?" Robin looked at his mentor as canary followed and glared at batman harshly.

"Just stuff at the watch tower..." He sighed.

"'Stuff' my ass," canary growled.

"Uh oh, canarys not thinking her sentences through," kid flash zoomed in.

"Do we have any training today?" Artemis asked.

"No," canary crossed her arms.

"Um excuse me batman... Did you find anything on the feeling me and kaldur had down in the ocean?" Megan said sweetly and everyone looked at them with wide eyes.

"No not that feeling!" She cried out and kaldur walked off embarrassed.

"We found alien space craft," canary said simply.

"No way!" Robin said excitedly.

"War craft Dinah..." Batman corrected.

"Do tell them what else you found," canary crossed her arms.

"There's more?" Wally said with a big smile.

"That's classified," He looked away.

"Fine, we found a boy, he's seventeen and is currently grieving, he's been through a lot, well how he put it explained a lot, he's like a veteran coming back from war," canary spoke up.

"Is he okay?" Megan asked.

"How did he survive? What type of alien is he?" Robin asked.

"He's human, we're still unsure how he survived," batman said truthfully.

"Can we meet him?" Wally asked.

"If we can get him out of the lion," Dinah mumbled. "But I doubt that, he's skittish and upset,"

"I'll see if I can talk to him, bats, just don't come close to him," she sneered at him and walked to the zeta beam.

"What did you do?" Robin sighed crossing his arms leaning on one leg.

"I'll inform you later," batman mumbled.

"So that's a no on meeting a super cool kid that drives a bad ass robot thing?" Wally pouted.

------

Lance sat in the chair looking at his wallet that had two pictures, one of him when he was 10 with his twin sister as she had pig tails and Lance had glasses next to his brother who was 20 and looked a lot alike, Marco was holding his not even a year old daughter who had dark brown hair in a pink blanket his other 18 year old older sister wrapping her arms around both twins while a fifteen year old boy smiled lazily with his arms around Veronica and Marco, and their mother behind them with dark brown hair with a few grey strands as she had bright ocean eyes, it was the day before Marco had to go to the army.

The other one was with him and all his friends. Pidge on hunks shoulders punching the air as hunk was smiling, Shiro and Allura where smiling as Allura was covering her mouth laughing while Lance and Keith where on the ground, Keiths face was down as Lance was on his back laughing and wheezing. It was great before Shiro disappeared. Maybe he's still out there?

He couldn't help but smile at the loved ones he lost. At that little hope of not being alone.

Shiro was of course the big brother that held everyone together, allura was like a older sister that they had a bromance, coran was like a funky uncle that was just fun to be around but still was an adult, hunk was just his best friend, since the beginning, pidge was of course his other best friend and little buddy that mess with each other even if he did think she was a boy at first.

Keith... He-he felt something different for the mullet boy, he envied his confidence and intelligence, but he also was memorized by it. They drove each other insane but maybe that's what held them together. Lance never got to confess to Keith... He realized it to late, seeing the boy be destroyed killed him inside. He loved Keith more than he realized. The crush on Allura was a cover up.

He missed them all so much.

"Why did I have to survive it?" He whispered.

He heard canary outside and didn't really want to talk to anyone right now.

"Lance, I'm so sorry about everything you've gone through, I can't say I understand cause I don't, but I want you to know your not alone," she said gently.

He looked out the window to see her walking away.

Red purred to him asking if he was feeling alright now? Lance was thankful for her.

"Not really, it's just hard," he sighed patting the arm chair gently.

"Hey red... Why didn't I drown at least before?" He asked.

He got no answer, maybe it was just her way of protecting him? It was all she could do. Then it clicked.

Blue...

"You should've saved the others instead," he whispered.