T w e n t y o n e

"Still just as bad ass as I remember," Robin smiled dreamily looking at red as they all where in the desert as the rebellion was getting ready to leave but Lance was just making sure red was ready again for battle.

"Will the galra actually come for earth?" Artemis asked as Lance was using rock climbing gear and a rope to hold himself up while he was welding some parts of his lion together.

"Well yea, Slav says so and he's never been wrong, remember when I mentioned going to another reality, the dudes not crazy," Lance flipped his protection mask up as he had gloves on.

"But Lance your paladin armor is destroyed or at least still banged up from your crash," Megan called and flew up to sit on top of reds head.

"Hunk could've easily fixed it up..." Lance mumbled to himself.

"Yea Matt said he actually had a solution," he waved it off but Megan flew to him and spun him around.

"Lance I'm going with," she crossed her arms.

"Okay," he smiled intrigued.

"No your my closest friend that knows more than them, I started this new life with you and we're sticking together- wait..." Megan stopped herself and looked at Lance surprised.

"Your serious?" She asked with a small smile.

"Red your right, you've helped me since through the hard times and I'm still getting through it but your still here, I trust you have my back," Lance spun on the rope as he put his head back.

"But you understand if Slavs percentages are accurate and if the cloaking doesn't work that earth may be gone, you know that right?" He looked at her seriously and Megan pursed her lips and nodded.

"Let's just hope everything goes according to plan," she let out a small breath and Lance smirked but his smile fell.

"I-I don't want you to feel forced into fighting this war red, if your overwhelmed by it all then stay here, it's your choice," he looked at her concerned and Megan giggled.

"Thanks but I'm positive, plus I'll be worrying the whole time here," Megan put her hands on her hips smirking back.

"Yo Lance! Come down here I got a surprise!" Matt called from the ground with the other heroes and Lance lowered himself as Megan flew down to them.

"What's up?" Lance unhooked himself and walked over.

"Since your paladin armor is shit now, you need something else," Matt smirked and handed Lance a pair blue lens goggles with metal outline.

"Um Matt, I'm going to space, not snow boarding," Lance said holding them.

"Put it on jackass," Matt smirked crossing his arms and Lance did so over his eyes. Matt reached over and tapped the side and suddenly glass shimmered and the particles morphed over to his chin so he had oxygen for his nose and mouth as Lance could see technology working up on the lenses, while the metal shifted to cover both of his ears.

"Remember iron man and the star lord?" Matt smirked and Lance tapped it again as he put the goggles on his head.

"Oh my god... This is the coolest fucking thing," Lance smiled brightly as everyone saw the spark in his eyes that made Lance seem like who he once was though no one met that Lance before the trauma. But it seemed to be close.

"Megan said this was your jacket too, so surprise number two," Matt handed Lance his green jacket and Lance out it on as it felt a little heavy but was still just as he remembered it.

"And?" Lance raised an eye brow.

"You'll know when you get to space," Megan winked and Lance smiled at her and wrapped his arms around his friend tightly.