T e n

-Three weeks later-

Lance sat in front of a computer as he owned his own small beach house, it was three bedrooms with a decent kitchen and two bathrooms. He looked out the large window behind his couch as he had a clear view of the beach he lived off of in California on the coast. He went to the bathroom to take care of his bandages he learned how to do himself as he struggled with the annoying cast.

"Knock knock," Al walked in with a few coffees.

"Hey Al, hey red," Lance smiled walking over and a girl with pale skin and red hair with freckles walked in holding a smoothie

"Hi Lance," she giggled sitting on the couch handing him a smoothie as well.

"Surprise you got away from the team for a day," Lance sat next to her.

"They're not that bad," Megan waved him off.

After the night Lance was let go by the young justice team and Megan convinced her friends, she found him again and wanted to make sure Lance was alright. Megan kept visiting and helped Lance find a home and with the bank, also with technology. Soon they became good friends, Lance knew she was Martian but comforted her by how shy and afraid she was of thinking he'd hate or get scared of her, he told her about his family, his team. There where tears of course, from both, Lance told her everything, how he watched them die, Megan hugged him during his confession and she accidentally told him if her dark secret... He accepted her as she did him.

They where a little happy dysfunctional family.

"Maybe you could meet them," she smiled shyly at Lance.

"Red, no," Lance groaned as Al handed him his coffee.

"Might be nice making friends," Al offered.

"But I have a friend," Lance wrapped his arms around Megan's shoulders and she giggled.

"Plural Lance, friends," Megan leaned on his arm smiling.

"One and done," he stated crossing his arms.

"You'd be a cute couple," Al smirked at them.

"Ewwwwww girls have cooties!" Lance pushed her away.

"I will lick you," Megan threatened hovering his hand by her face smirking.

"COOTIES!"

-----------

"Megan where have you been?" Robin asked as everyone was relaxing in the mountain.

"I've been hanging out with one of my new friends," Megan smiled changing back to green.

"Oh a boyfriend~" Wally teased.

"No!" She blushed turning around.

"He's not really in the dating kind of mood I guess... He lost someone he loved," Megan sighed sitting next to Artemis.

"I'm the only friend his age," she looked at the ground.

"Come on we could be his friends," Wally stood behind her smirking.

"Yea we could get along charmingly," Robin sat next to her.

"No!" Megan cried out with wide eyes. "He is petrified of getting close to people! He almost kicked me out when we first met, he's grieving and I don't think it's a good idea, it's only me and one of his friends sons,"

"I'm so sorry for your friend Megan, we understand, your welcome to accompany him when needed," kaldur set a hand on her shoulder.

"Thank you kaldur, I should go, he's at a check up at the doctors," she smiled back and stood.

"What's his name?" Conner asked as she was walking away.

"I know you guys, you'd stalk him if I told you," she giggled and disappeared in the tube.

"You know she's not wrong," Robin smiled back at the others.

"I dread your going to follow?" Kaldur asked with a sigh.

"Hell yea," Wally smirked.

"Art, Conner, you coming?" Robin looked back at the other two knowing kaldur wouldn't go.

"Sure why not," Artemis got up following and Conner stiffly nodded.

"But if we make Megan cry I'm using both of you as my targets," Artemis warned and the two friends smiled nervously and nodded slowly.

"Deal?" Setting her hands on her hips raising an eye brow.

"We'll try not to..." Robin smiled guiltily.