F o u r t e e n

Megan walked into the house as she saw a note on the table.

Down by lion, dinner is in oven
Me

She smiled at the note as there was a little kitty in the corner he doodled and she went to the oven of the small kitchen and pulled out a pizza with bread sticks he was keeping warm as she grabbed a slice and went to the wall with the snack cabinets. She opened it and dug to the back where there was a key pad. She pressed her palm against it and it scanned her hand making a small beep sound, turning green.

Megan took a step back and grabbed the pizza box and watched the cabinet open like a door as it led to stairs as she ate the slice and went below not fazed when the door behind her closed.

"Hola," Lance waved as he sat in front of red in a large underground cave as they was lights on the ceiling shining down on them as he had wires connected to red as the lion was powers on with glowing eyes while it all connected to a laptop as he sat on the ground with it.

"Did you eat anything?" Megan asked sitting next to him and he stole a bite of pizza from her ignoring her distressed cry and grabbed his own slice.

"I had one before coming down," he smiled innocently and Megan rolled her eyes leaning against his shoulder looking at the screen confused.

"What's that?" She asked seeing coding across the screen.

"Galra coding, al helped me translate it," Lance explained and clicked on something else as it came up as sound wave to be visualized.

"This is Lance, pilot of the red lion, is anyone out there? Is someone of the coalition out there?.. Please?" Lance pursed his lips putting on head phones as he closed his eyes listening.

He scrunched up his face as he concentrated on listening for anything, muffled voices, even a machine in the background, anything...

They hung out in the cave together as Megan went upstairs to make cookies then came back down and got a few for Lance as well as a water as he spent hours listening for not just life but also hope.

"It's useless!" Lance ripped the head phones off as Megan sat near him but he covered his face.

"Who knows what the galra has done in all this time?" He whispered to himself.

"Lance there's nothing you could've done, it's better to keep trying than being dead," Megan said sternly as she looked at him.

"That's the thing red is everyone out there still thinks I'm dead," Lance looked at her and scoffed at the laptop as it stayed silent.

"I'm fucking useless," he rasped shaking his head. Megan looked at him not sympathetic but determined as she grabbed the head phones and laptop as she took over.

"What are you doing?" He asked with a dry throat but Megan handed him the water bottle without looking at him.

"This is the blue paladin of Voltron contacting from earth, is anyone there? Come in," Megan made her voice sound exactly like lances as she kept her eyes on the screen.

"You go get some rest, I'll wake you up if there's anything," she sighed closing her eyes.

"... Okay..." He whispers and got up dusting off his shorts but kept the water by Megan for her instead.

"H-he... I-is someone- is anyone-" a static voice called as Lance stopped at the door. His heart immediately dropped to the pit of his stomach. Megan covered her mouth looking at Lance as he was sprinting back and skidded next to her as he grabbed the headphones before she could hand them to him. He couldn't even put them on as he held the side to his ear and Megan could hear still.

"Y-yes yes! I can hear you! Hello?" Lances voice shook either from excitement or anxiousness.

"This is Matt holt, leader of the rebels resistant, I can hear you!" A mans voice called back.

"H-holt? Matt?" Lance blinked and his bottom lip trembled.

"I'm picking up your service, are you able to use your screen?" Matt asked unaware who Lance was. He just knew he's from earth.

"Just a tic Matt," Lance gulped and typed into the laptop as Megan didn't know if she should keep her skin it's natural green or change back human. It was to late.

There was a man late twenties with long brown hair in a low pony tail and scar on his cheek. Him and Pidge looked so alike. It had to be her brother she's been looking for.

"Y-your human!" Matt laughed in amazement seeing Lance and Megan.

"I-I'm Lance McClain, I'm a paladin of Voltron," Lance smiled pursing his lips as he wiped under his nose happily.

"Everyone thinks your dead, where's the rest of the team? Is that one?" Matt asked laughing in relief but Megan and lances smiles fell.

"No, the galra attacked and killed... Killed everyone, Princess Allura of altea, her advisor coran, H-hunk garret, Keith k-kogane, and-and Pidge Gunderson... Otherwise known as K-katie..." Lance covered his mouth inhaling deeply.

"Katie holt,"

Lance watched matts excited and hopeful expression slowly fade into horror and tears weld up in his eyes.

"Wha-what? My... My little sister was a paladin?" Matts voice trembled.

"She was the paladin of the green lion, she was our brains and everyone was proud of her Matt, she died a hero," Lance kept a straight face but a single tear ran down the side of his face.

"Matt... How are you alive? It's been 80 years?" Lance whispered and his eyes widen.

"Lance it's been only five years since Voltron was thought dead, we've been able to pick you up but never understand you, for days now," Matt gulped down rubbing his eyes but his breathing was uneven. He was trying not to cry as well but Lance stopped fighting his tears.

"Well I'm back- I'm back for the fight, I have the red lion," Lance sniffled.

"No, whatever you do, do not let that lion leave earths atmosphere, five years ago the galra attacked earth and the rebellion made sure people forgot the war but we also have satellites making earth unable to detect from the galra, if your lion comes to space then the galra know," Matt explained and Megan covered her mouth.

"I'll come to you,"

Lance closed his eyes nodding.

"Lance please tell me... Was my baby sister buried?" Matt asked brokenly.

"She's the only real body we have, I gave them all graves in a National Cemetery along with other heroes," Lance offered a painful smile.

"I'm on my way, I picked up your location,"

With that Matt was gone and the two teens where left in the cave as Lance slowly closed his laptop.

"You okay?" Megan asked gently touching his shoulder.

"No red... Not really, I'm the one that put my friends in the ground, that claimed them dead, cause I'm the only one that survived," Lance whispered so softly that Megan almost didn't hear him.

"If it's only been five years... Maybe the war still has a great chance, Shiro even, he might be alive," Megan smiled and lances eyes widen.

He hugged her tightly and smiled into her shoulder.

"I love you Megan," he whispered and Megan felt tears sting her eyes smiling as she squeezed him harder.

"I love you too Lance, I'm so proud of you," she gripped his shirt and Lance smiled feeling blue and red in his mind comforting him with the combination of warmth and coolness.