T w e n t y t w o

Lance stood in the mirror as he inspected his jacket around him as he had a dark blue turtle neck with his paladin spandex under as he had fingerless gloves on but he could activate them to cover his hand. He had on regular jeans but his paladin boots on as well with the armor around his shins to protect.

Lance held the goggles and slipped them on his head with a smirk and put his bayard on his side.

"Looks good," he heard from the side and Lance turned seeing Conner as he had on his super boy shirt.

"Thanks, I feel weird without the armor, but it feels good," Lance smiled back.

"Megan is already at red if you wanted to see her," Lance said fixing his hair a little.

"I actually wanted to apologize to you," Conner said as Lance walked out but he looked at him softly.

"For what?" He asked.

"For how we started out, you where scared, and I attacked you," Conner sighed and Lance laughed softly.

"I was but you where just following orders, we didn't know each other Conner, don't worry," Lance smiled at him gently.

"Are you sure your going to be okay?" Conner asked concerned.

"Of course," Lance beamed brightly putting the goggles over his face.

"I mean when you come back, you said Megan took away the nightmares-or night terrors... Will they come back?" He sat on the couch and Lance sat by him.

"We'll see..." Lance sighed.

"And if they do?"

"The-then I'll go through with it, I did it to get better but if it comes back then I'll deal with it," he closed his eyes and Conner touched his shoulder.

"Your not alone, your getting your leader back and you have friends here," Conner smiled and Lance looked at him softly.

"Yea I guess I do don't I," he laughed a little and Conner nodded as they stood again.

"I got to go, sooner he better," Lance sighed running a hand through his hair and started to walk out.

"Hey Lance,"

He turned around.

"Be safe out there," Conner smiled and Lance giggled nodding.

"Thanks man," Lance hummed and walked out.

------

"Don't you need to go over like a check list?" Megan asked as she and Lance walked into red as Lance sat smirking in the pilots seat and red started up with screens and all.

"Nope, red has it all covered," Lance gripped he handles and Megan leaned against the back of the seat. Lance saw the corner of his eye.

"Lance we need to move!" Pidge raised her voice. They where hit at the side and Pidge flew to the side cracking her head against the wall and fell to the ground limply.

"Y-yea we'll be fine," he mumbled to himself and red stood up in the desert.

"Okay Lance your going to have to wait until your at the peak of earths atmosphere, then turn on the cloaking, once your out and it's off you'll be fine for safe flying," Matt spoke through a screen looking at the two and Lance reached under the panel and pulled out his blue paladin helmet.

"Put this on," he handed it to Megan.

"Why?" Megan gulped holding it.

"Safety first," Lance smiled nervously and Megan smiled back putting the helmet on and shifted her clothes to a white suit that had her X on her chest but the red was outlined with blue as she had blue sleeves and blue boots.

"What? It'll look silly if it didn't match," Megan shrugged and he smiled at her nodding.

"You got me there, you ready?" He asked and Megan nodded excitedly.

"I'm coming Shiro..." Lance whispered under his breath and moved red to start running and then made him take a leap in the air and flew straight up.

Megan gasped at the speed of the lion as she's never flown in red before but watched amazed as Lance flipped the cloaking on just as they shot through the clouds and only seconds later they where by the moon.

"Thatda boy," Lance smirked.

"Good, I'll be with you on the way to the galra ship, here's the coordinates, once your on the ship you'll only be able to hear me, got it?" Matt said.

"Got it," Lance nodded as they flew past Mars.

"I've never been farther than my home planet," Megan breathed watching through the window as she gripped lances seat.

"Yea, there's a first time for all of us, let's see how fast this bad boy can still go," Lance laughed and pushed the levers forward and grunted as red took off in a flash as they flew out of the Milky Way.

"How far is the galra ship holding Shiro, Matt?" Lance asked as he looked at the stars with a small smile and other planets as Megan was speechless.

"They're near galaxy X-270 Jaxka," Matt said and Lance pulled up the screen.

"What's the planet by it?" Lance zoomed in.

"Nexzela, it's a base, do not interact with the planet, we don't have time or the weapons," Matt said seriously.

"Got it, Jaxka sound be about a Justin Timberlake album away," Lance pulled out his MP3 player and plugged it into red as Megan's eyes widen.

"No... No no Lance don't you dare-"

"I'm bringing sexy back, yea!"