S e v e n t e e n

Lance sat on the couch as Wally was helping Megan in the kitchen as Lance allowed them to come in, he was just more afraid of batman. Robin sat on the otherside of the couch as Conner was in a chair looking at the black screen of the tv.

"Hey Lance can I ask you something?" Robin asked and Conner glanced at them as Lance was reading a book but looked at the younger boy. He nodded and quietly set down the book.

"Well i mean it is a question but it's like a clarification I guess," Robin smiled awkwardly and Lance pursed his lips. He was still a little nervous with more than four people in the house but with the friendly vibes from most of them he was feeling lest self conscious.

"Okay?" He let out a breath.

"What's with the little battle you and bats have? You hate him it seems but also afraid, and he's not the biggest fan of you," Robin pulled his legs on the couch and sat cris crossed.

"I guess you can say that, he's always treated me like that... Ever since the watch tower, like I'm an abomination, he wouldn't be wrong," Lance smiled a little and Robin frowned.

"What do you mean?"

"I'm not suppose to really be alive, batman and the others found me at the bottom of the ocean with my friend in my lion," he sighed and Megan looked up but Wally got her attention again and she giggled at the other red head.

"Where's your friend?" Conner spoke up and Lance narrowed his eyes.

"Down the road six feet under, with the rest of my team," Lance bit his lip and robins eyes widen with sympathy.

"I'm the last one of my family too," Robin offered gently and Lance looked at him surprised.

"Your family?" He breathed confused.

"My parents, they died when I was young," Robin shrugged. "I saw it, so I guess I kinda get where your coming from,"

"My niece and nephew might be alive but they'd be in their 80's," Lance smiled a little.

"When where you born Lance?" Conner asked bluntly but now he was interested.

"I left earth 80 years ago... Again I'm suppose to be dead within old age or drowning, but little friends are stubborn," Lance chuckled but there wasn't much humor to follow.

"Meaning...? Like you have voices in your head?" Robin cackled a little and Lance smiled back.

"More like my old lion transferred into my mind with our bond before her and... Allura... Her and Allura where killed... She's the guardian of water so I guess she protected me from the ocean and didn't let me die," Lance forced out and closed his eyes.

"Allura's a pretty name," Wally jumped on the couch between them.

"Man you didn't stand a chance if I didn't, she's a princess, and a hard ass, but she's so amazing too, red kinda reminds me of her," Lance gulped a smile as he grew more comfortable.

"Allura, is that French?" Wally smirked.

"Altean," Lance laughed softly and thanked Megan when she handed him a bowl of soup.

"So there's really other aliens out there?" Robin laughed amazed.

"Dude, you have no idea, there's so many other species and galaxy's out there, I've met mermaids, yuppers, I even have been to different realities though there was another Slav there, just as annoying," Lance rambled now getting excited of his experience.

"Slav?" Conner made a face.

"Smartest guy you'll ever meet and immediately you'll wanna kill him, my leader Shiro who is the king of keeping cool in heated situations, he lost his shit and went full dad!" Lance explained and everyone listened intrigued.

"There was this other time where we all almost got arrested or something at a space mall and I had this cool cow from an earth shop!" He rambled as Megan sat next to him smiling and the boys listened intrigued with the stories about space and Conner watched him interested.

There was something different about Lance to Conner, either from the fact that he's human and has done so much more than all of them from other aliens to meta humans or even normal kids like Robin and Artemis. But he stayed silent and watched them all interact and smiled a little as Lance busted into laughter when Wally compared some of their missions to it but Lance covered his mouth as if he hasn't laughed this hard in a long time.

Conners heart sped up as they all laughed at each other but he could tell Lance wasn't scared and it made the smile on his lips stay. This boy was something else.

Lance even slipped into Spanish as he and Robin chatted as Megan could understand but they all laughed when Wally was beyond confused at them. Robin and Lance exchanged stories from not being from America and was bilingual but Robin was fluent in many more languages and bragged but Lance came back with learning alien languages.

"Hey Conner, got any cool stories?" Lance looked at him with no fear for once and instead it was friendly spark in his blue eyes.

"Well... I got this wolf..."