T h i r t y t h r e e

"I'm getting Megan," Conner said sternly as keith looked around the corner feeling his heart beating faster and faster.

"We shouldn't worry them yet, let's just make sure lance is still in the building," Keith waved him off as the two walked away together.

"Why would he leave? He was fine," Conner grumbled as keith was ahead of him.

"I don't know! Just help me find him," Keith snapped as Conner was surprised a little seeing the fear in his eyes but hardened over with no emotion as keith moved faster to find his friend.

-Two minutes earlier-

Lance sat on the ground covering his face as he tried calming himself down so he didn't cry in public. He inhaled deeply and exhaled shakily as he was starting to feel overheated with the hoodie and jacket over him.

"Are you crying too?" A small voice asked and lance snapped his head up wide eyes. He saw a little girl with bright blue eyes and dark curly hair. Tears filled her eyes as her nose was red from previously crying.

"I'm trying not too, why are you crying?" Lance asked softly as she sniffled rubbing her nose.

"I'm lost, i can't find my mama and Abuela," she whimpered with a trembling bottom lip.

"I can help you if you'd like, I use to get lost from my Abuela when I was little too," lance forced a smile as he got to his feet.

"My names lance, what's yours?" He asked offering his hand, she took it and they walked away to find her adults.

"I'm Nadia," she held his hand tightly as she stuck with the other teen.

"It's nice to meet you Nadia, how old are you?" Lance asked as he looked for anyone that might be related to the girl.

"I'm five!" She smiled holding up her hand to show him.

"Wow your pretty old, I'm five too," lance smiled down at her as her jaw dropped.

"No your not!" Nadia gasped.

"How would you know that?" Lance teased her with a chuckle.

"Cause your tall like a giant!" She giggled but looked around hopeful.

Lance noticed how sad and afraid she was again not seeing her family, he looked around and saw the food court instead.

"Let's grab a snack, make a map, and you tell me everything about your mama for me so I can find her okay?" Lance knelt down to Nadia with tears in her eyes again. She sniffled again nodding.

"Here," he shrugged his jacket off and wrapped it around her as it ended around her ankles. "It'll keep you safe, my Abuela got it for me and my twin sister when we were little and it's my favorite jacket,"

"Thank you," she mumbled with a small smile and held his hand again to get some food.

"My mamas name is Veronica, she has long hair and taller than Abuela but shorter than the fridge," Nadia kicked her feet under the table as she munched on the cheesy French fries her and lance shared as he had a map of the mall in front of them.

"Do you know what store you saw her last? What was inside?" Lance asked curiously looking at the map.

"Ummm it had a lot of shoes," Nadia remembered and lance looked seeing there was two shoe stores on each side of the mall.

"Nice, so we can start on this side cause I see a toy store next to it, do you know why you lost your mom?" Lance looked at her gently as he offered the five year old a napkin seeing she had cheese over her fingers.

"I was looking at the movie player outside of the store but I couldn't find mama when I went back inside..." Nadia told him frowning.

"That's okay, we'll find her soon, I'm sure shes looking for you too Nadia," lance beamed brightly at her and she smiled back agreeing.

"Do you have any other brothers or sisters?" Lance asked stealing a fry.

"I have a twin brother!" She gasped excitedly.

"What's his name?" Lance snickered at her excitement.

"Sylvio," Nadia wiped her hands off dramatically.

"Hey my nephews middle name was sylvio,"lance hummed with a smirk.

"Alright let's go, sooner the better," lance grabbed the last couple fries and threw away the plate. He went back and used the napkin to wipe nadias cheek that was covered in cheese.

"Tio tio that tickles!" Rosy squealed as lance was rubbing a wash cloth all over her face dramatically and tickled it under her chin.

"Maybe you shouldn't dunk your face in apple sauce babes," lance teased her.

"Come on, keep a good eye out, if you see your mama tell me immediately," lance huffed and put Nadia on his shoulders as she laughed at him as she put her hands on top of his head.

"I can see everything!" She told him excitedly.

"Yep, you are my eyes like a hawk, you got it?" Lance smiled up at her and she nodded determined.

He walked in the direction of the shoe store that was plan a as Nadia looked around, no longer afraid as she felt safe on Lances shoulder, he held onto her ankles so she wouldn't fall.

"I think I see mama!" Nadia gasped pointing.

"What color top does she have on?" Lance asked looking ahead.

"Green shirt, hair down," Nadia nodded with a her nose scrunched up on a mission.

"Awesome," lance smirked.

"Excuse me miss, ma'am?"  Lance walked ahead as he saw a woman on the phone speaking Spanish rapidly with tears in her eyes with an old woman on the bench next to her.

"Is this yours?" He asked getting Nadia off his shoulders and held her up to them.

"Nadia Rosetta!" The woman shrieked and ran to them as lance set her on the ground.

"Mi Amor where have you been?! Where did you go!? You know not to leave my side," Veronica knelt down to her daughter as Nadia hugged her mother tightly.

"My friend lance was sad but he helped me because I was sad, but now he's smiling!" Nadia beamed brightly as she looked back at lance.

"Sir thank you so much, how much can I pay you? I have about 50 dollars right now but-" "hey hey no it's okay, I just wanted to make sure she got back to you," lance helped her off the ground as Nadia hugged his legs.

"Lance got cheesy fries and made a map to find you, and gave me his jacket, he's like a super hero," Nadia giggled as lance pursed his lips and felt warmth spread in his chest.

"Abuela Abuela look at my new jacket!" Nadia ran over to her grandmother and spun in Lances jacket.

"Yea your going to keep it missy?" Lance walked over as she burst out into laughter.

"Yes it fits me!" She squealed.

"That jackets just like my tia's..." the old woman blinked confused as Nadia pulled the hood over her head as lance pushed her a little.

"I'm sorry?" Lance chuckled looking away from Nadia. The woman had deep blue eyes that were familiar as she was frail with curly white hair.

"My tia Rachel had that jacket, where did you find it boy?" The elder asked raising her hand.

"I... it's mine..." Lances face dropped with wide eyes.

"Tio la-" "lance charles mcclain! Where the fuck have you been?!"