Chapter 12

Alaiza

Alaiza

Wow , that's a lot

I arrived at my office and open my office door to find tons of files piling up on my office desk. Why !?

Get it together . You're working in a big company , so of course there will be a lot of works . I sigh and begin to work on the emails first.

Some emails were just useless. I delete some useless emails , keep the important one and write them in my notebook .

Hours later, I finally finished going through all of those dreadful work, I decided to get a light snack from the kitchen . I deserve it . I got up from my seat and make my way to the kitchen .

I open the kitchen door to see Amanda making coffee so I quickly went up to her .

"Hi Amanda", I greeted her with a smile .

"Hey", Amanda greets me back while rubbing her eyes .

"What are you doing ?", I asked her even though I already know what she was doing, you know just to be polite.

"Coffee , I feel very sleepy", Amanda tells me and rub her eyes again .

"What's wrong ?", I ask her worriedly .

"Probably lack of sleep", Amanda answers my question which made me smirk .

"Lack of sleep ? What did you do last night ?", I ask her with a smirk still playing on my lips . Amanda's head quickly snapped to mine and she look down , hiding her face .

"Does it involve Jack ?", I ask Amanda .

"No", Amanda answers my question quickly , a bit too quickly .

"I know what you two lovers have been doing", I smirk at her one last time before making my way to the coffee machine . I made myself a coffee and about to walk out but Amanda's voice stopped me .

"Wait"

"Yes ?", I ask her .

"Nothing . Do you want to grab lunch with me today ? Jack will be out with his friends", Amanda asks me and I quickly agreed .

"Ok sure . I'll see you later", I tell her and walk out of the room .

I enter my office with a cup of coffee in my hand and sigh .

Work

I open my email address and stare at the computer screen with my jaw hang open . How can this possible ?

I thought I just finished all of the emails but now there are at least 20 new emails . How ?

I let out a frustrated groan and start working on the emails with a frown playing on my face . Sometimes I wish that I can quit this job and find a part time job so I don't have to work this hard every day . Why are there so many works for me ?

I was writing on my notepad and get the next files ready to be sent when a loud knock on my door interrupted me .

"Come in", I quickly shout at the door so whoever on the other side can hear me .

Amanda walks in with a smile on her face . "Lets go to get food , I'm hungry"

"Ok , let me get my stuff first and I also have to tell Mr. Archer ", I turn of my computer and grab my purse . I walk to Nathan's office and knock on his door .

"I'll go and eat lunch now", I tell Nathan and he looks up to me .

"You're going out ? With who ?"Nathan asks me quickly .

"With Amanda", I answer him quickly .

"Ok , Have fun", Nathan tell me which make me roll my eye .

"We're going to get food not to the playground", I tell him and closed the door .

Amanda and I walk out of the building and make our way to Amanda's car .

"Where are we going to eat ?", I ask Amanda while buckling my seat belt .

"A place that I really like. The foods are amazing", Amanda clapped her hand and start driving the car . About 10 minutes later , we pull over in front of a restaurant .

Amanda drags me inside a restaurant and find a a place to sit. We finally find a seat for two .

We take our seat and look at the menu before start ordering our foods . Amanda and I start making conversation about here and there and we talked about celebrities and some other stuff .

Minutes later , our food arrived and it look delicious as hell . I lick my lips as they set my plate down in front of me . I can't wait to just dig in .

I start eating my food quickly and at the corner of my eyes I can see that Amanda was doing the same thing . We finished our food and we start making conversation again .

"Do you want to go out today ?", Amanda asks me , out of blue which made me look at her in confusion .

"Why ?", I ask her .

"Nothing . I just feel like it's a good day to hang out . So what do you say ?", Amanda asks me .

"Ok . Are you sure nothing was wrong ? I can feel that there's something wrong", I ask Amanda, again, I just knew it .

Amanda sighs and leans back against her chair .

"I think Jack cheats on me", Amanda tells me .

"What ? How ?", I ask her curiously .

"I checked his phone yesterday and I see that he has texted some girls and when I asked him he just say that they were his friends . Today , I invited him for lunch but he say he will be going out with his friends", Amanda told me and closes her eyes .

I didn't want to go out with her at first but after hearing that , I just want to comfort her. I totally understand her. I hope it's not true. Amanda is such a great person, Jack must be very stupid to do so.

"I know that he loves you by the way he acts. He's probably telling you the truth , you should have some trust on him", I tried to comfort her but she still didn't opened her eyes . Since it didn't work , I'll go out with her tonight .

"Sure , I'll go out with you tonight , if that will make you feel better", I tell Amanda and Amanda opens her eyes and smile at me .

"Thanks . I'll pick you up at 6 tonight , just send me your address", Amanda tells me .

We made another and it went really well . We paid for our food and walk out of the restaurant. Amanda starts driving the car and we make our way back to the company .

I can't help but to think of where Amanda will takes me out tonight .

---------------

I hope you like it. Support me by follow me , vote , comment and share it with your friends. Thank you so much .