Chapter 51

Alaiza

Alaiza

"I'm sorry, I'm late", Nathan quickly apologizes as soon as I step into the car and I act like I'm mad by crossing my arm across my chest and look outside the window.

He said that he'll pick me up at 4 but now it's 6. How can he do that to me? I know that he's probably very busy but still...

"Oh my god, are you mad at me? I was very very busy, there are lots of works that I have to finish", Nathan pouts at me and I can't help but feel less mad for him.

"Okay, fine. But why didn't you let me take the cab home ?", I ask him and he shakes his head.

"No, there is news about the taxi driver kidnapped young females lately and I don't want that to happened to you", Nathan exclaims as he starts driving on the street.

"No one will kidnap me, I'm not that pretty. Besides, if I take the cap home, I'll probably get lots of works done already. I also need a hot bath because I'm tired from today works", I tell him as I close my eyes. It's true, I've got lots of works recently since we've agreed to build the hotel in the Philippines.

A bunch of people called me and asked to talk to Nathan to talk about that project and I have to add them to the waiting list. Now I literally have an entire book filled with names of who wanted to talk to him.

"Wait, you got lots of works today? Are you tired? I thought I gave most of the works to Jannet", Nathan frowns as he looks at me. Apparently, Nathan hired Jannet so that she can do my works. He told me to just rest because he doesn't want me to carry lots of works on my shoulder.

"Look at the road, you're going to get us killed. And yes, I stole a bunch of files from Jannet and even though she insists that she can do it all, I don't believe her. How can you give her all of my works? I need to work too", I groaned at him and he was quiet for a few minutes.

"I'm going to fire Jannet", He tells me, out of the blue, and I gasped.

"What the heck? Why ?", I ask him.

"I literally told her to do the work that I gave and won't let you touch any documents no matter how hard you insist but she lets you worked hard. She'll get what she deserves", He mutters and I immediately slap his arm.

"You can't do that. I begged Jannet to gives me the work. She said that she'll get fired but I assure her that she won't and she is still hesitant and won't let me have it. That's why I stole it. Also, I'm your personal assistant, not your wife. I should work too. It's unfair if I didn't do anything and still get the salary", I tell him.

"Then don't get the salary as my personal assistant...", He tells me.

"Then how will I suppose to live then ?"

"And get the salary as my wife", He tells me and looks at me in the eyes. I gulped.

"I swear if you actually be my wife, you can have as much money as you want. You can literally spend my credit cards", He winks at me and I slap his arm, again.

"In your dream", I tell him with a big smile.

"I dreamed about that a million time already", He tells me and I turn away from him, trying to not seems interested by looking at the window. He chuckles when he sees that I have a ghost smile on my lips.

We arrived at the house and Nathan quickly unbuckle his seat belt and rush over to my side but one of the guard that surrounded the house already opened for me. I smile at him and give him a 'thanks'.

From the corner of my eyes, Nathan is frowning and glaring at the guard as the guard bows and walks away. I run over to his side and pull him with me inside the house but he didn't budge. Instead, he stares at me dead in the eyes.

"Don't come out of the car if the person that opens the door is not me", He tells me and I smile.

"Yes sir", I tell him and he starts smiling too.

"So what do you want to eat ?", Nathan asks me as soon as we enter the house.

"Anything would be fine", I tell him and jump on the couch. I'm exhausted.

Nathan takes off his jacket and put on a pink apron. I told him to wears it because it looks cute on him. He protests at first but then...he agreed because...I gave him a peck on his lips.

"Let's go with spaghetti", Nathan shouts from the kitchen and I shout 'yes' back to him.

I turn on the T.V and switch through different channels. Like every other day, there is nothing to watch. I switch over to the cartoon channel and watch gumballs. It's literally my favorite show. I remember watching it when I was a kid and ended up cracking every single time.

Nathan

How can Jannet lets Alaiza do the works? Is she crazy? Alaiza is very workaholic which means that she works very hard and stressed over stuff very easily. I don't want her to get pimples or wrinkles from all the stress.

Also, I'm planning on firing that guard who opened Alaiza's door instead of me. Like bro, wtf? It's my job to opens my girl's door, you just do your job which is walking away from her protects the house.

My phone suddenly starts ringing and I quickly put down the ladle and answers the phone.

"Nathan Archer speaking", I speak to the people on the other line.

"Oh yes, Mr.Archer. I'm Lade Hamelton", the people on the other line speaks and realization kicks in.

Mr.Hamelton is an adult that is respected by many businessman and businesswoman because of his working ability. He's in his late 40's but he still works very hard. His company remained one of the tops. We've been in a meeting with each other at least twice and I got to say...this old man is very smart and hard working. I respected him.

"Yes, Mr.Hamelton. How can I help you ?", I tell him and I look at the spaghetti in the boiling pan. Has it gotten soft yet? Is it still hard?

"I have heard that you're working on a project in the Philippines and I got to say...I'm impressed", He speaks and I frown.

"With all the respect, how can you hear about our project? It's supposed to be private" I speak to him and he laughs.

"Oh don't worry about that, I've got my ways. I talked to Mr.Smith because I wanted to work on that project with him but you already got it first", He laughs and I stay quiet.

What is his point? I need to cook the food. Alaiza is probably already hungry. I don't want her to be mad at me even further.

"What I wanted to say is that... I wanted to invest in that project too, but you already got it which made me very upset. Now, how about this, can you come over to my place to discuss about that project? I wanted us to invest in it together and our profits will be divided 50/50", Mr.Hamelton speaks.

--------------

What do you think? Support me by voting, commenting, follow me and share this story with your friends.

Thanks.