Chapter 11

Hafsah and Sameerah woke up early in the morning to say their prayers because they had a fixed class by 8:00am and the lecturer was going to take attendance. Their lecturer was so strict that when she called a person's name, she would send that person out because she didn't want people writing for their friends. Hafsah dressed up in a kimono and made sure to do a very smokey eye-shadow. It would bring out her eyes more and make her look less tired. She looked unbelievably beautiful and hot for someone who was dumped three days back.

     "My bestie looks so beautiful today." Sameerah said, pinning her veil in place.

     "Thank you. You don't expect me to go to school looking like a dead rat now do you?" Hafsah laughed.

     "Of course not. I'm pretty sure heads will turn." Sameerah teased. Hafsah shook her head and carried her bag and phone from the nightstand. They left for school and luckily, they got seats to sit on.

     The lecturer came into the class shortly after and began her lecture. When she was done, she took her attendance.

     "Tell your mates that didn't attend this class that the attendance carries twenty marks." she said and walked out.

     Hafsah and Sameerah walked out of the class and headed to the social centre. Hafsah was craving chips from Frizzlers while Sameerah was craving yamarita. On their way there, they saw Zayden. This time he wasn't with a girl, he was alone.

     "Hey Hafsah." he said, walking beside her. She ignored him and continued her conversation with Sameerah.

     "Hafsah!" he tried again, holding her wrist. Hafsah yanked his hand away from hers and gave him a slap across the cheek.

     "Don't you dare touch me Zayden." she said angrily, though her voice sounded hurt.

     She left him standing there with his palm on his face and went ahead to eat her chips.

     "What's up man?" Affan, Zayden's friend asked. Zayden shook his head and walked away.

     "His face was priceless when you slapped him." Sameerah laughed. "He deserves worse than just a slap." Hafsah replied, dipping a fry into the ketchup on the side. "I know right! He deserves to be hung upside down." Sameerah said. "True that." Hafsah replied and they chuckled.

     Zayden on the other hand wasn't pissed at the fact that she slapped him. He was pissed because he hurt her. He truly loved her but he wasn't thinking that night. All he wanted was to get laid that night and only with the one he loved. The sex with Zeena was just in the heat of the moment and he told her he couldn't continue with their beneficial friendship.

     He was driven by his hormones and he thought Hafsah would be fine with it. He knew she was a virgin and he wanted to be the only one to get intimate with her. He just didn't go about it the right way and he was ready to face the consequences.

     Days passed and their exams were almost coming to an end. Everyday he saw Hafsah, but he couldn't talk to her because she wouldn't give him the chance to. His life was becoming miserable without her and he resorted back to smoking. He couldn't take it anymore. He had to set things right and he was going to do just that but he needed Sameerah's help. Knowing Sameerah, she definitely wouldn't help him because he hurt her best friend.

     Hafsah on the other hand was having the time of her life with Sameerah and Farouq. He didn't mind that she was third wheeling because he knew what it felt like to be heartbroken. His first girlfriend had left him after six months because he wasn't into premarital sex. He knew it was wrong and he couldn't risk going to hell because of sex. After all, he would get married one day and have all the sex he wanted.

     "Thanks for the ice cream." Hafsah thanked Farouq as they stepped out of Chicken Republic.

     "Girl, you really should stop thanking me." Farouq replied.

     "I've told her before. She just loves thanking people." Sameerah said, lightly bumping her shoulder with Hafsah's.

     "Okay...No thanks." Hafsah smiled. "Better." Farouq chuckled lightly.

     "So...After our last paper, I want us to go on a picnic to the dam." Farouq said, unlocking his car. They got into the car and Hafsah teased, "Picnic? Or a date with Sameerah?"

     Sameerah's face was as red as a tomato. "Don't you ever shut up?" she asked.

     "If I can remember, your first date was at the dam." Hafsah smirked.

     "Okay okay. Yeah, it was at the dam but we are going on a picnic Hafsah. P.I.C.N.I.C." Sameerah sighed in frustration.

     "Farouq, do you remember the video of Sameerah talking about you in her sleep?" Hafsah asked, stealing a glance at Sameerah. Her cheeks were so red that she looked outside the window.

     "Yeah. How she was tired of getting the kids ready for school." Farouq laughed.

     "Yeah. She was crazy in love with you, still is. She couldn't even stop uttering your name." Hafsah added, laughing with Farouq.

     "For crying out loud that was like eight months ago." Sameerah groaned.

     "So? It doesn't erase the fact that I was always on your mind." Farouq teased, pulling her cheek.

     "Yeah. There was this time when she even told me the names she would give your kids." Hafsah told him.

     "You snitch!" Sameerah cried playfully.

     "There was Zayn, Aliyah and about twenty more names." Hafsah said, ignoring her.

     "Are you for real?" Farouq asked. "Yeah and she also-"

     "Okay that's enough!" Sameerah huffed. "You don't have to tell him all that Hafsah. I trusted you but you, you betrayed me Hafsah." she said, feigning hurt.

     "Just admit he's always on your mind." Hafsah smirked.

     "Yeah, admit it." Farouq said, siding Hafsah. "Fine! You're always on my mind." she said, shaking her head at her traitor best friend and annoyingly hot boyfriend.