Epilogue

"Husna put that down!" Hafsah yelled, towelling her hand dry with a kitchen napkin before rushing over to her two year old daughter.

     "How many times have I warned you to stop putting things in your mouth?" she asked, collecting the gas lighter from Husna.

     "Dimme." Husna whined, trying to say 'give me'.

     "No, now go sit over there like a good girl that you are." Hafsah smiled, picking her up.

     There was a knock on the door and Hafsah went to get it.

     "Dada." Husna jumped onto Haneed's arms.

     "How's my little princess doing today?" he asked, kissing her forehead. Husna giggled and buried her face in the crook of his neck.

     "Your little princess has been troubling me." Hafsah replied, collecting his briefcase and blazer before closing the door behind them.

     "Husna, have you been troubling my queen?" he asked, poking Husna's cheek. She giggled again and wrapped her tiny hand around Haneed's index finger.

     "Isn't she so cute?" Haneed smiled at Hafsah.

     "I'm her mother so definitely she got her looks from me." Hafsah replied.

     "Have you forgotten how hot I look? I thought you said I was the cutest guy you've ever met." he gasped mockingly.

     "Shut up." Hafsah laughed and jogged up the stairs to their bedroom.

     She kept his briefcase on the nightstand and the blazer neatly in the laundry basket then jogged back downstairs.

     "How was work?" she asked him.

     "Work was good. I almost forgot, I got you something." he answered. He gave Husna to her and went to get a paper bag from his car.

     "What's in it?" Hafsah asked, opening the bag.

     "Oh my God baby! I love you so much." Hafsah squealed, holding the silver gown in her hand.

     "Do you like it?" Haneed smirked.

     "Are you for real? You know I always wanted this gown but I was too lazy to buy it because for some reason, the elevators in the mall stopped working and I couldn't go all the way up by stairs." she replied, fitting it on her body.

     "I know your lazy ass couldn't go up the stairs so I decided to buy it." he laughed.

     "Thank you so much." Hafsah smiled, leaning in to kiss him but Husna pushed her face away.

     Haneed chuckled at her cuteness and kissed her cheek. Husna giggled, kissing him back.

     "Now will you let me kiss momma?" he asked Husna, pouting his lips. She shook her head.

     "Never mind, go freshen up while I set the table." Hafsah said, keeping the gown on the couch. She went into the kitchen and dished some spaghetti and fish on a plate, with fried sausages by the side.

     "Baby, come down already." Hafsah yelled, dropping the plate on the dining table.

     "Coming!" he answered. He came down in sweatpants and took his seat on the dining table. He put some in his mouth and moaned.

     "Have I ever told you how delicious your food tastes?"

     "You tell me that everyday." Hafsah chuckled.

     "Well I'm saying it again. You cook the most delicious food Hafsah."

     "Why, thank you." Hafsah smiled at him.

     "Dada." Husna called from the living room.

     "I'll go check up on her." Hafsah excused herself.

     "Is my baby hungry?" Hafsah cooed, ruffling her hair. Husna giggled and stretched her tiny arms out for Hafsah to carry her. Hafsah picked her up and took her to the dining area. She sat her on the table and put a bib around her neck.

     "Isn't the food too spicy for her?" Haneed asked.

     "She eats everything as long as it's edible." Hafsah replied, putting a strand of spaghetti in Husna's mouth.

     "That's my daughter." Haneed chuckled.

     "Our daughter." Hafsah corrected, chuckling too.

     "So, tomorrow's someone's birthday." Haneed smirked.

     "Whose?" Hafsah asked, playing dumb.

     "This beautiful woman I married three years ago." Haneed replied.

     "And who is she? I bet she's some strikingly beautiful woman." Hafsah smiled sweetly.

     "Sadly, she isn't beautiful." Haneed smirked.

     "What? I'm going to kill you!" Hafsah cried playfully, standing up to pull his cheeks.

     "Hafsah stop it." Haneed laughed, pulling her hands away.

     "And if I don't?" she smiled. "Then I'll do this." he replied, turning around to kiss her. She closed her eyes and savored the taste of his lips, moving her lips in sync with his. He tasted like spaghetti and fish, obviously.

     "Mama." Husna called, hitting the fork on the table.

     Hafsah pulled away from Haneed and turned to leave but he held her wrist and pulled her back to him.

     "Husna is calling." Hafsah said.

     "So?" Haneed asked, lightly kissing her lips.

     "Stop it Haneed." Hafsah replied, trying to wriggle free.

     "Just one more kiss and I'll let you go." Haneed teased.

     "Fine!" Hafsah said, placing a kiss on his lips. He bit the bottom of her lips and she opened her mouth, granting him entrance. Their tongues fought for dominance as his hands slid down to the small of her back, making her arch her back closer to him.

     "Put Husna to sleep because she's gonna have a sibling by the time I'm done with you." he whispered sexily and Hafsah blushed, pulling away from him.

     "Baby, let's get you to sleep." Hafsah said, picking Husna up.

     "No no." she shook her head.

     "Don't be stubborn, I'll give you your favourite ice cream before you go to bed. Is that fine?" Hafsah smiled.

     Husna nodded her head gingerly and Hafsah took her to the kitchen. She brought out a bowl of ice cream and fed some of it to Husna before rocking her to sleep. Immediately she fell asleep, Hafsah took her to her room and tucked her into bed, kissing her goodnight on her forehead.

     She turned her back to see Haneed staring at her lustfully.

     "Couldn't you wait?" Hafsah whispered, wrapping her arms around his neck and placing a light kiss on the side of his mouth.

     "No." Haneed replied, then picked her up bridal style and took her into their bedroom.

     Then he laid her down gently on the bed and spent the rest of the night in her arms, making love to her.