Chapter 23

Hafsah woke up with a big smile on her face. It was finally the day of her wedding and the day she would leave her parents' house. She also felt sad that she wouldn't be staying at her home again. She walked into her bathroom and did her business before showering. Sameerah had taken her bath earlier and all the other girls had arrived, getting their makeup and hair done.

     "Hey Sameerah, I'll be right back. I want to take a stroll around the house." Hafsah said and left them. She walked slowly around the compound, looking at everything. The flowers she planted, her birds. She sighed and kept walking when she felt a hand cover her mouth. She tried to scream but she couldn't. She squirmed in his arms but he didn't let go. That was when it dawned on her that she was being kidnapped.

     A blindfold was pulled over her eyes and then she was shoved into a car. The person held her tightly against his chest as the other person drove off. 

     "Please what do you want from me?" Hafsah cried.

    "Our boss has sent us to bring you to him." the man replied.

     "Who is your boss?" she asked, trying to wriggle free from him.

     "Shut up!" the man hissed and held her tighter. Hafsah cried and tried to remove the blindfold but his grip on her hands prevented her. She gave up and allowed whatever was going to happen, happen.

     The car pulled up into a nice apartment, not one of those scary buildings people kidnapped were kept in. They helped Hafsah down and took her inside.

     "If it isn't my oh so lovely Hafsah!" Zayden smirked as he took off the blindfold.

     "What do you want from me Zayden? We're over!" Hafsah yelled.

     "I'm sorry but I have no choice. I can't watch you get married to Haneed. You were never his. You're mine, mine!" he replied, pulling her towards him and wrapping his arms around her.

     "Zayden please, just let me go. My family will be worried. Haneed will be worried, please let me go." Hafsah begged.

     "I already lost you once, I don't plan on losing you again." he sighed.

***

     Sameerah walked out to look for Hafsah. She'd been gone for almost an hour. She searched the house and when she didn't find her, she ran to tell Hafsah's parents. The whole house was checked and even the streets but she was nowhere to be found.

     "Hello Commissioner, this is Alhaji Imran. My daughter is missing and I need to find her immediately. Her wedding is in a few hours." Hafsah's father said as he pulled into another street.

     Her mother was pacing back and forth around the house. How was she supposed to tell Haneed that his wife was no where to be found? Sameerah racked her brain for what could have possibly happened or where she could be at the moment. Just like a flash, a statement crossed her mind. 'Good luck getting married to Haneed.' Zayden!

     Sameerah picked up her phone and dialled Zayden's number. He picked it up on the first ring. "Hey." he said casually.

     "Where the hell did you take Hafsah?" Sameerah yelled.

     "Girl, lower your voice when you talk to me." he hissed.

     "Lower my voice? Seriously? You kidnapped my best friend on her wedding day and you ask me to lower my voice? I won't spare you if I find you Zayden. Mark my words." she spat.

     "Hey hey, don't take things too seriously. Hafsah is fine and is here with me. I'll marry her and leave the city with her." Zayden laughed. Hafsah scoffed and looked away.

     "You won't get away with this I promise you. Now where are you?" Sameerah gritted.

     "Somewhere in Kaduna, about to get married to your best friend. Good luck finding us." He hung up the phone and Sameerah went to Hafsah's mum immediately. There was no time for any explanations, she needed to see the commissioner of police. They rushed out of the house and drove to the police station.

     "I have his number sir. Maybe you could track where he's calling from." Sameerah said. The commissioner nodded and got to work. She dialled his number again and he picked up.

     "Just so you know, Hafsah really looks beautiful in a wedding dress." She could feel him smirk from the sound of his voice. The commissioner nodded and Sameerah hung up.

     "11b Rabah road, Malali." he said and Sameerah thanked him. Sameerah and Mrs Imran hurried off to the address. On their way, they informed Alhaji Imran who also headed there.

     Hafsah was dressed in a wedding gown that hugged her body tightly, showing off all her curves. Zayden smiled at how beautiful she was.

     "I'm sorry it's this way, I just can't let you marry someone else." he said, placing a kiss on her forehead.

     "Zayden why can't you just let me be?" Hafsah groaned.

     "I love you so much to ever leave you." he replied.

     "You're only obsessed with me Zayden. Some things aren't meant to be. Us. You and I. We were never meant to be." she said in a low tone. "Please let me go to my Haneed." she begged.

     He ignored her and took her to where the lawyer was waiting. He handed them some papers to sign, after that Zayden would throw an after party. Zayden signed where he was supposed to and gave the pen to Hafsah. She shook her head and dropped the pen.

     "Hafsah don't mess with me." he hissed, gripping her wrist tightly. A bruise would surely form later. Hafsah began to cry again as the pen shook between her fingers.

     "Just sign the damn papers." Zayden ordered. She nodded her head and as she was about to sign, the door flung open.

     "Hafsah!"