Chapter 18

Hafsah's father sent a driver to drop her off at school because her body ached after entering the very uncomfortable bus. After dropping her off, the driver went back to Kaduna. Sameerah wasn't home so Hafsah decided to wait for her to come back because she had a lot to tell her.

     At about 4:00pm, Sameerah returned home. "Hey girl!" Sameerah said, pulling Hafsah into a hug.

     "Hey. How was school?" Hafsah asked. "Good good! Is everything okay?" Sameerah asked.

     Hafsah sighed. "I don't know Sameerah. Everything is just... My parents want me to get married to Haneed."

     "And what did you say?" Sameerah asked.

     "I said yes of course! I wouldn't want my parents to be mad at me." Hafsah replied. "Now the only problem is how to tell Zayden."

     "You and Zayden are over Hafsah. You owe him no explanation!" Sameerah said, rolling her eyes.

     "You do realize I love him right?" Hafsah yelled.

     "Please cut the crap! That boy ain't shit. He's no good for you Hafsah. He smokes, he does all sort of rubbish. If he cheated on you once, who says he won't cheat on you again? If not for anything think about your future children. Do you want them to be raised by a smoker and an alcoholic?"

     "Stop it Sameerah!" Hafsah snapped.

     "Stop it? Do you know there's something called genetics? You don't want your kids growing up to become like their father now do you? Think about it Hafsah. Zayden is no good and you know very well your parents will never approve of him. I've seen the way Haneed looks at you, that guy loves you Hafsah. And I've seen how happy you are when he calls or comes around. If that isn't love then what is it? You're only infatuated with Zayden. You don't love him. The only reason you think you love him is because you feel guilty about his accident. Wake up Hafsah and face the reality. This isn't a cliché love story where the good girl changes the bad boy Hafsah. This is real life, real life! Zayden is only going to end up hurting you in the end. Please, think about it." Sameerah said.

     Hafsah assimilated everything she said. Sameerah did have a point. But she knew deep down that Zayden had changed, at least that's what she thought.

     "I'll see him later in the day and tell him about my wedding." Hafsah said softly.

     "Yeah, if possible invite him to your wedding and make him sit where he'll see you and Haneed kissing clearly. Then in his next life, he won't misbehave with girls." Sameerah smirked.

     Hafsah glared at her and walked into the room. She sat there thinking of how to break it to him. Now that the deal was sealed, the invitation cards would be sent out to guests and relatives. As if on cue, her mum's call came in.

     "Hello mum." Hafsah said.

     "Hello my dear. I just wanted to let you know that the cards are ready and I'll send the driver with about twenty for your friends." her mum said. "Okay mum, bye." Hafsah replied and hung up.

     She ran her fingers through her hair slowly and let out a loud sigh before laying down and tossing around the bed. Shortly after she fell asleep. When she woke up, it was already morning and her driver had arrived with the invitation cards. Sameerah admired how perfect the cards were and made a mental note to get something like that done for her wedding.

     "This is beautiful." Sameerah admired the card in her hand. "I know right!" Hafsah rolled her eyes.

     "Cheer up girl! You're getting married." Sameerah teased. Hafsah laughed lightly and kept the cards aside.