Chapter 19

Hafsah walked away angrily and immediately got into a keke. What if she had declined Haneed's proposal? She would have lost on both sides. Zayden was nothing but a cheat. He could never change his ways.

     Hafsah sighed harshly and paid the driver before stepping down. She banged the gate to the complex and barged into her apartment.

     "Girl what the hell?" Sameerah hissed.

     "That bastard!" Hafsah gritted out.

     "What happened?" Sameerah asked her.

     "I saw his stupid ass in bed with that Zeena." Hafsah replied, breathing rapidly.

     "I told you he was scum." Sameerah said.

     "I'm glad I'm getting married to Haneed." Hafsah breathed out.

     "Same." Sameerah agreed.

     Zayden paced back and forth in his bedroom. "Get the hell out of here Zeena!" he yelled.

     "I ain't going nowhere Zayden." she replied.

     "Don't let me forget you're a lady and hit you." he threatened.

     "Just shut the hell up Zayden! What do you even think? You claimed to love her but you were fucking me moments ago. What kind of a man does that?" she yelled.

     Zayden slapped her hard across the face. "Fucking watch the way you speak to me Zeena." he gritted, pulling her from the bed.

     "Seriously? You dare lay your fingers on me?" she asked in a dangerously low tone.

     "I will again and again if I have to." he replied. "Don't forget I still have those videos and pictures." she smirked.

     "Fuck that shit everything is already ruined! If not for your stupid blackmailing ass, Hafsah would've been in my arms right now. I should've fucking let you send them to her. She would've believed me if I explained everything but no! Your stupid sly self had to ruin everything." he huffed in annoyance.

     "Really? You think she would believe you really changed? Get over yourself before I leak your nudes on the net. You know how bad it'll ruin your dad's name. Who would want to vote for him in the next elections if your nudes get leaked?"

     Zayden glared at her and picked up the envelope Hafsah had given him. He didn't have the time to open it because he was busy yelling at Zeena. If only he could explain to her that Zeena was blackmailing him and he truly loved her. He opened the envelope and his eyes widened. "Hafsah and Haneed?"

     "You're just dumb. Wasn't it obvious she was fucking Haneed?" Zeena snarled.

     "She can't do this." Zayden muttered, running his fingers through his hair.

     "Just in case you don't know, our parents have agreed to our marriage." Zeena smiled sweetly.

     "I'll fucking kill you!"

     "No you won't babe." she replied, forcefully kissing him.

     Hafsah on the other hand was hurt that she believed Zayden once again. She didn't even know what to think of Zayden anymore. She made up her mind to forget him and focus on Haneed. Some relationships weren't meant to be after all. A knock came on the door and Sameerah went to get it.

     "What do you want?" she huffed in annoyance.

     "I want to see Hafsah. I need to explain what happened." he replied.

     "You can't see her." Sameerah replied, crossing her arms over her chest.

     "Please." he begged.

     "No." Sameerah smirked and shut the door in his face.

     He kept on banging on the door until Hafsah got fed up and opened it. "What is your problem Zayden?" she huffed.

     "Look...Everything you saw wasn't my fault." he said.

     "So it was mine?" Hafsah rolled her eyes.

     "Zeena has my nudes and she threatened to leak them. My father is running for the elections next year and it wouldn't work out if those pictures are posted on the net. Please Hafsah I'm sorry. She said she would delete them and stay out of my life if I slept with her but it turned out the bitch was lying. Heck she even got our marriage arranged." he explained.

     Hafsah knew he was saying the truth and she felt bad for him. "I'm so sorry Zayden. Please come in." she ushered him in.

     They sat on the couch facing each other and Sameerah excused them.

     "Look Hafsah, I know you're getting married but I love you. I'll do anything to marry you Hafsah but it's too late, I know. I regret everything I've ever done to you. I don't deserve someone like you. You loved me unconditionally even though I treated you like a toy and slept with other girls. I'm really sorry for hurting you. If I could turn back the hands of time, I'll undo every wrong I ever did to you. I wish you would be mine once again but I already messed things up. Please forgive me Hafsah. I guess karma has a way of punishing people like me. I was the villain in our love story even though I was supposed to be the hero, your hero. I know it'll be hard to see you get married to Haneed. I can't attend your wedding Hafsah, it'll break me and remind me of how I hurt you. I pray you'll always be happy. Please don't ever forget me and the love we once shared." Zayden said. Hafsah's eyes watered as he spoke.

     "Zayden, none of this is your fault. Some things aren't just meant to be. If we were meant to be, then nothing could've come between us." Hafsah replied.

     "We could still salvage our love Hafsah." he said, hope lacing his voice.

     "What do you mean?" Hafsah asked, looking at him with her face scrunched up.

     "Let's run away together and get married somewhere far from here."