Chapter 3

"Ok thank you Juliet, it was great meeting you!" Colby says standing from his seat along with Sam and they both give me hugs. I wave as I shut the door behind me and go back to the living room where I left Landon. "Hey" he says as I go back to my same seat and position but making sure sitting down in a lady like manner because I'm wearing a dress. After sitting, watching what Landon started, I felt a hand tap my shoulder and I turn around to meet the face of Hazel. Hazel is the director of adoption and she must be here to tell me to go back to the adoption waiting room. She does so and I follow her through and sit down next to the other 4 girls up for adoption. I start to scroll through my tumblr when the boys come out with Hazel in tow. We all stand to greet them and they give us all individual beams. "We want a sister, one that is a great personality and one that we connect with and clicked with instantly. Sorry to the other girls but today, we are adopting Juliet!" My eye pop out when they same my name. Instantly I think there is a big mistake and a mix up. "Me?" I question and they walk over to me while the other girls wave good bye and walk out of the room. Colby swings his arm around my shoulder and I instantly get shivers from the unfamiliar yet comforting contact. Sam smiles and me and gives me a hug. "Yes you, you want to be out little sister?" They ask and I nod my head and I look over at a familiar face staring at me from the door frame again, only this time, he stays quite distance away physically and personally and a wave of sadness washes over me. Landon. He gives me a sad smile and walks over to me, pulling me into a comforting yet sad hug when a tear trickles down my cheek. I have to leave Landon.

My gut and heart feel like they are slowly being ripped open by sadness when I realise that I have to leave Landon. I shut my eyes and breath in his familiar scent before he grabs my hand and leads me up to my room to pack. I have always wanted to be adopted by a family that will actually keep me and not abandon me on the side of the road like my real parents did. After packing up all my belongings and zip up my suit case my stomach shrivels up as I give Landon another hug. I look into his forest green eyes and give him a memory. A kiss. Landon is my brother but its all he has ever wanted from me, other then to go out with him. He holds me tight and I pull away then pull out my phone. I take a picture of the two of us when he kisses my cheek for the photo. I follow him as he takes my luggage down to the awaiting car at the front door. I see a tear fall from his grass green eyes and I wipe it away as he holds me tightly one last time before I venture out the door to my new life.