Ch.9: Finally Awake

Lauren POV

A sudden strength brought me away from the dark place, the sight of the bright light faded away. I now felt my body, but it was filled with pain. My lungs seemed so dry, causing me to cough. My head pounded like that headache you have after a long day, and I could hear,"Doctor, she's awake!" and people rushing in. What's going on?

I weakly opened my eyes, being blinded by the fluorescent lights in the ceiling. It was cold, making me try to get into a tiny ball but everything was in pain. A sudden hand went on top of mine.

"Lauren.." My mother called softly with tears in her eyes and a huge smile. I did my effort to smile back but everything hurt. A doctor next to me was checking the bed I was in, letting me know I was in the hospital. I looked around the hospital room and there were five people. My mother, my father, two doctors and ...

Junhong.

I gasped at the sight of him, the last person I want to see. Everything just hit me know, I'm here because I failed at my attempt and it's his fault why I had done it, and he still wants to hurt me. He smiled and I winced, grabbing my mother's arm while trembling in fear.

"Honey, what's wrong?" My mom asked worriedly. My head shook, looking at my bully in horror.

"Take him away from me! Don't hurt me, leave me alone!" I pleaded at him, tears starting to fall onto my cheeks. He stood up.

"Lauren, I-"

"Leave me alone!" I shrieked, crying my eyes out. My mom embraced me while the doctors turned to Zelo.

"Please leave for now, it's not healthy for her to wake up like that," The doctor told him. He looked at me with eyes of sorrow and walked out of the hospital room. I began crying again.

"Don't let him hurt me, please," I pleaded to my mother. She held me tightly, stroking my hair.

"It's okay, Lauren, he won't hurt you anymore," she whispered. Maybe she'll finally have me transfer schools, move to a new city. But .. I'm still in danger. Zelo was right here, he might hurt me. I trembled at the thought of him. I don't even recall being afraid like this.

Then I started to wonder something. "Umma, where is Daehyun?"

"I'm not sure, he left a couple of hours ago. But he did stay the whole time here next to you, praying and waiting for you to wake up. Maybe he'll come later or tomorrow," my mom assured with a smile. Although Daehyun and I had fought the last time we talked, I still want to see him. Maybe he's not mad, and he's one of the only people I want to see now.

Now that I think about it, I feel that he's somewhere. I looked around the whole hospital room, looking for him. He's not anywhere, there's no sight of him.

"I need to check her and everything, to see when she might be able to be healthy again and to go home," the doctor said. My parents nodded and walked out of the room, leaving me alone with the doctor and the nurse.

"I like your rosary," the nurse complimented. I looked down at my hospital gown and saw a white rosary dangling on it, hanging from my neck. It's the same rosary Daehyun would have everyday, he even showed me how to pray with it. I smiled.

"Thank you."

"You know, Junhong has been coming to see you every day, he must care for you a lot," the nurse told me. I looked at her in confusion. She must've meant Daehyun so I just nodded.

"Do you feel any pain? Any nausea?" The doctor asked, examining my condition through the oxygen tank that had me alive while I was asleep.

"I have a huge headache, my stomach stings, and all my bones feel so sore and tired," I responded.