Ch.15: A Date?

I arrived home and everything was exactly how I left it. My room was still the same, but my parents said they wouldn't leave any rat poison at my reach. Not that I'd actually try to kill myself again anyways.

"So ... Are you going to want to go to the same school you did?" My mom asked, walking into my room. I shrugged.

"I can't transfer you that fast so .. Why don't you give your school a try once again? If they keep bothering you, I'll transfer you somewhere else," She suggested. I nodded.

"But I think I'll be okay," I said. After all, the only reason why the rest would tease me is because of Zelo. And I believe Zelo has stopped.

"Lauren, you have no idea how much I'd be suffering right now if you would've killed yourself," She said with a bitter smile and tears in her eyes. I came up to her and hugged her.

"I'm sorry mom, I'll never do it again," I whispered to her. She nodded and began sobbing while I patted her back.

"I'm here now, mom. I'm still here and I won't leave," I consoled. She hugged me tighter and still cried.

"I was so afraid to lose you," She sobbed. Tears began in my eyes, hearing how much pain and worry I have caused my mom with just the attempt. I let go of her and grabbed her hands.

"Umma, I'll always be here, I won't do it ever again. I promise," I told her. She wiped her red eyes and smiled.

"You're beautiful. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise," She said. I had heard those same words from someone else .. Daehyun.

"So, mom, you never saw Daehyun after I was in the hospital?" I asked. Her expression became a confused expression.

"Who?" She asked.

"Daehyun .. My friend," I explained.

"I thought his name was Himchan?" My mom asked.

"No, that's someone else. I'm talking about Daehyun, he had a dark blonde hair color, almond shaped eyes," I described him. She shook her head.

"You never told me about him or anything."

I furrowed my eyebrows. Could it really be ..?

Maybe. But the thing is, I'm safe now and if it wasn't for him, I would've probably committed suicide months before and would've probably succeeded.

"I think you should go to sleep now. You'll be busy tomorrow," My mom said, tapping my nose and leaving before I could ask more. Busy? Tomorrow's Sunday.

I got ready to sleep and turned off the lights and laid in my bed, not sleepy at all.

I'm still confused on the whole Zelo thing, to be honest. I mean, you can't possibly blame me. After months of being tortured by him, it's so surprising to know he shares the same feelings as I do. Or maybe this is all just a lie to punish me from telling the world he bullied me?

I shouldn't be thinking that. From what Zelo has shown, I think he's truly regretted it.

**

I woke up and it took me a while to realize I was actually at home. I miss all my friends already, and Valerie doesn't get out in three weeks. I still wouldn't be able to see her often anyways since she doesn't go to the school I go to. Now that I think about it, I never asked her what school she went to.

I walked downstairs and made myself a bowl of cereal and ate. Appa walked into the kitchen and looked at me with widened eyes.

"What is it?" I asked curiously.