Ch.19: Failed Trap

The next day, I walked into the coffee shop Himchan had said and I found him right away. I walked up to him and he offered for me to sit in front of him.

"Would you like some coffee? A dessert?" He offered as he sipped his Americano. I shook my head.

"I don't plan to stay long. I'm going to hang out with my boyfriend later," I replied.

He simply smirked and looked down at his Americano.

"So .. you stopped talking to me. Wae?" He asked rather casually.

"Y-you don't really talk to me either," I replied. I started to feel a little uncomfortable. Something told me, I had to leave.

"I'm sorry but I have to go," I stood up but he harshly grabbed my wrist.

"Don't go!" He exclaimed. I turned to him and he gently let go of my wrist and looked away.

"I mean, you just got here. And we need to talk about our friendship, remember?"

I sat back down.

"If you can't get along with my boyfriend, I don't think we could be friends," I told him. "I hope you understand that."

He laughed. "That doesn't matter. He can hate me all he wants. But Lauren .. I don't want to lose you as a friend."

"I-I'm sorry but we can't be friends, you are nice to me but .. I just can't," I replied.

A few silent minutes passed, Himchan would check his watch almost every second, then at the entrance of the coffee shop. Is he expecting someone else?

Then, at a moment, he set his elbows on the table and looked into my eyes.

"Lauren. Remember the little Valentine's Day incident .. when I confessed to you and .. You ended up kicking me there?" He said with a slight chuckle.

I only nodded, because I have no idea where he is going right now.

"Well, remember your excuse? That you weren't ready for a relationship?" He asked. I gulped.

"And look at you now .. dating the guy that made you try to commit suicide."

I stayed quiet, but I couldn't move. I wanted to leave .. But something kept me frozen.

He stood up from his chair slowly and approached me, stroking my hair.

"You deserve someone way better, someone like .. let's say, me?"

"I love Junhong. Not you."

He laughed. "Lauren, don't insist. I don't plead for long-"

"Good! Because I want you to leave me alone!" I stood up angrily, our faces were dangerously close, but the only thing I would dare do to it was punch it.

He suddenly grabbed my arms and pulled me close to him tightly as he dug his sharp nails into my skin.

I tried to get away but all he did was stay that way, looking at me, but then, not looking at me. You know those times when someone is watching something from their peripheral vision? Well, he looks like that right now.

When the little bell rang to notify that a customer had entered the shop, he suddenly harshly crashed his lips to mine, and I attempted to get away but he was too strong.

I hit his chest with my fists as hard as I could, but it was no use. I felt tears escape my eyes but all of a sudden, someone pulled him away from me and punched him. In the face.