Ch.11: Confused

"What are you doing here?" I asked him in a cold tone. I couldn't act scared of him, plus, what can he possibly do here?

"Lauren, we need to talk," Zelo said. He gestured for me to sit and I hesitantly did so.

"Look, I know you won't believe a single thing I'm about to say, but please know that I'm sorry and this was all a misunderstanding between you and me," He said with saddened eyes. I scoffed and glared at him.

"I'm not going to fall for any of your stupidities anymore," I spat.

"Please hear me out, just please," He pleaded. I shrugged my shoulders and waited for him to talk.

"When you came as a new student to the school, you had caught my eye and I wanted to talk to you, but I didn't know how to approach you which is why I went to a friend for advice. He gave me the wrong advice and my feelings had grown more, and .. um-"

"Writer's block?" I asked. He looked up at me in confusion.

"What do you mean?"

"Writer's block, when the author has no idea how to proceed a story since it's fantasy, all made up from their imagination," I replied. He sighed.

"I'm not making it up."

"So you're telling me your friends told you to bully me so you could talk to me?"

"Yes, but not exactly-"

"Is that all you can think of? C'mon, at least make it believable," I said, rolling my eyes.

"I was impatient, okay? I've never had a crush before so I didn't know how to get you to like me, it's complicated, Lauren, and I know, I'm stupid, you have no idea how terrible I feel," He said, grabbing his hair in frustration. His face expression looked sincere. He looked into my eyes and made my heart thump.

"I'll give you time to think over things .. I don't know if I explained myself well, but .. just know that I've liked you this whole time, and although there's a 99% chance you won't forgive me, I still have that tiny comfort that .. you're okay now," He said with a heartbroken smile. He handed me a box of chocolates and I just looked at it.

"Please take it. There's no frog in there, I swear," He said. Unexpectedly, a tear rolled down my cheek. He wiped it away and didn't say anything, not having anything to say.

"So .. I'm your first crush?" I asked in almost a whisper. He nodded sincerely.

"And I wish you could forgive me so I can be able to talk to you nicely, become friends, maybe even ... something more," He said. My heart tried to flutter but I guess it was too broken by what he had done.

"You hurt me. I don't know if I'm capable of talking to my bully that I killed myself because of," I said. He started to blink constantly like he was about to cry.

"D-don't remind me, it's painful," He said. I slowly stood up and glared at him.

"Painful? You know what's painful? Being bullied by your crush, being the laugh of the school, making a fool of herself everday because the popular kid keeps picking on her, not having any friends except for one, and I haven't even seen him since I woke up, starving yourself because your crush called you fat-"

"Please, don't say anymore, I feel so terrible when you say it," He pleaded, tears rolling down to his cheeks. I felt a little upset to see him that way, but he had done way more than that to me. I couldn't take it anymore, so I started to walk away.

"Lauren," He called. I turned to look at him.

"So .. I'm your crush?" He asked.

"I don't know whether you still are or not," I simply replied, walking out.