Bonus Chapter

Hey! Just wanted to thank you all for reading this story and adding it to your reading lists. I hope you all enjoy it!

Here's the bonus chapter. Did I keep you waiting for long?

Yahya Firas woke up in the middle of the night as he had in the past four nights with his sheets bunched around his waist while he laid on his stomach. Since, Armineh had left, he had temporarily moved out of their room into one of the guest rooms hence the fitful sleep. He didn't have the heart to stay in the room without her.

He turned his head on the pillow, his lips lifted up at the corners when he found his daughter sleeping between him and his son, his little legs were digging into his sister's side. Yahya Firas moved Azaan so he wouldn't hurt his sister and tucked them both in the blanket.

Yahya Firas closed his eyes so he could try and go back to sleep when his phone vibrated on the bedside table, he didn't even have to see the caller ID to know who it would phoning him at three in the morning.

"Assalamualaikum, were you asleep? Did I wake you up?" Yahya Firas took a deep breath when he heard her gentle voice.

Oh, how I have missed you.

"WalaikumAssalam, nahi bas aisay hi," Yahya Firas whispered, mindful of his sleeping children. "Wapis kab aarahi ho? (When are you coming back?)"

Armineh chuckled, softly, "In a few more days."

Yahya Firas sighed, heavily, "Not if I can help it... I- We don't do well without you." He turned on his side and leaned to press his lips to Fajr's forehead, his little girl was the spitting image of her mother."Bohot Yaad karta hoon tumhain." (I miss you very much.)

"As I do, too. You know it," Armineh's heart fluttered beneath her chest.

Yahya Firas held the phone away from his face to take a selfie, he sent it to her.

When she saw his sad eyes and turned down lips, she laughed. "You're silly. Go to sleep. Khuda Hafiz, Yahya."

"I want to see you, too," He whispered, his voice groggy with sleep. "Hear you. Talk to me. What did you do today?"

"Okay."

She sent him a finger heart. Yahya Firas bit his lower lip as the smile grew bigger and squeezed his eyes, shut.

"Yahya?" Halfway through her narration, Armineh heard his light breathing. It's only been a few minutes and he had fallen asleep to her voice in his ears.

Rude. She texted him and sent him another selfie, she was glaring at him but she couldn't hide the small smile on her lips.

He wanted her so much, old him would have been sorry and yet, he hadn't regretted a day since-

Love.

Armineh happened to him.

✨✨✨

"Can I expect us to be done with this within the next thirty days and not a day, later?" Yahya Firas said, smoothing his large palm on his son's head when he mewled.