26

Ik there's not much happening in this chapter but it's all about Yahya Firas so I am hoping you'll like it!

Also, this chapter is 26 so the events that took place in last update were of chapter 27 which means the chapter I published before comes after this and I made a blunder, happens when you don't have it written down. My apologies!

28, serving right up!
(In a day or two)

It will have Armineh's and Yahya Firas's interaction 🙈

Please bear with the slow progress of their relationship.

-♥L

❇❇❇

'Is there something else left?' Yahya Firas asked as he signed, hopefully, the last document of the day and closed the file, looking at Sinan.

'You're done for the day, Sir.'

'Meetings? Lunch? Dinner? Conference? Seminars? Nothing?' Yahya Firas inquired, further. There was always something that needed his attention at the eleventh hour.

'No, Sir.' Sinan shook his head, grinning as he looked at his boss.

'Wow. Alhamdulillah.' Yahya Firas uttered under his breath as he ran a weary hand down his face, straightening his spine and Sinan chuckled.

'What about baba? He is still here?' Yahya Firas asked, getting up from his chair as he shut his laptop and unplugged the charging wire.

'Yes, sir.'

'Thankyou.' Yahya Firas dropped the laptop in the laptop bag.

'Avail the opportunity and Go hom early when you're getting the chance.'

'Absolutely, Sir.' Sinan conceeded, 'It only ever happens once in a blue moon.' He couldn't remember the last time he had left before eight in the evening.

Yahya Firas frowned when he saw him holding the door,' I can open the door myself, you know.'

'Of course but I couldn't help it. My fingers were itching to do something.' Sinan said, laughter evident in his tone.

'Sure.' Yahya Firas's lips upturned at the corners as he nodded at Sinan,'Have a nice evening.'

Yahya Firas halted at Adam's secretary's desk but she was no where to be seen. He waited for ten minutes, glancing at his wristwatch every other moment but when the secretary still hadn't come, he proceeded to Adam's office.

'It's very irresponsible of you, Armineh. I never expected this from you.' Yahya Firas heard his father as he pulled the wooden doors to his father's office, entering the corridor.

Armineh?

'I know, I am sorry.' He heard her soft voice apology.

'I don't need your sorrys, Armineh. I thought I made it clear when we got the proposal that we cannot possibly afford any delays. Everything had to be right on time and you come to discuss the restrictive covenants, now?' He continued, his voice echoing in the vacant corridors and Yahya's pace increased.

Armineh? His wife?

Armineh wanted the Earth to split open to swallow her whole when she heard the disappointment. She couldn't help but get infuriated at her assistant, once again. Armineh wouldn't have been here if not for her.