Deleted Scene # 2

Chapter 29

[The bullet was supposed to be lodged in Armineh's gut rather than the wall. Continue Reading...]

"I-I swear, I didn't-didn't mean it. I didn't shoot-shoot her. It was a mis-mistake.' Anaam rambled as he looked up at his Yahya Firas standing at the door with horrified expression on his face. Anaam was crouched next to his sister in law on the floor, his trembling hands dipped in Armineh's blood as he applied pressure to the open wound on her stomach.

'I-I promise. I swear to Allah, I didn't. I wanted-wanted to blow of-of some steam after what-what happened with-with Alizeh. I-I only came to-to take your-you gun, Bhai!' He spoke his voice shaking as Armineh moaned in agony beneath his hands. Anaam felt the sticky, red substance ooze out of her and under his fingers, it seeped and seeped, pooling around them.

White, hot fury burned around her abdomen as her muscles clenched in protest when she tried to move and she gnashed her teeth, together. She tried to lift her head to see what was happening but darkness swirled before her eyes, taking her prisoner. Twin tears rolled down the edges when she clenched her eyes, shut.

'Yah-Yahya Fi-Firas...' She rasped, watching him through her barely open eyes as her head lolled to the side.

'Armineh! Don't-Don't you dare close-close your eyes.' Anaam hollered as he patted her cheek, coloring her jaw with her blood. 'I'll peel them open, right back if you dare close them, again.' He warned, furiously watching as Armineh looked at him with semi open eyes, her lips pulled a little at one corner.

'Bhai!Bhai!' Anaam called out to Yahya Firas as he stood frozen, glazed eyes fixed at them and yet, it looked like he wasn't looking at them rather through them.

'Bhai!' Anaam tried without moving his eyes from Armineh as she groaned in pain.

Yahya Firas blinked snapping out of the trance as he hurried to his injured wife and fell down on his knees, without caring about the blood stains on the suit he had been wearing and pulled his credit card out of the wallet.

'Don't fucking close your eyes, Armineh.' A low, agonized hmm reached his ears.

'Press it over her wound!' He told his brother, giving the card to him as he pulled his tie from around his neck, next.

'Tell her to keep her eyes, open.' Yahya Firas said to his brother when he saw her close her eyes, again as he moved beside him.

'Keep them open! You're doing great, Armineh! Open! Open!' Anaam utterred as he patted her flushed cheeks. Her forehead was clammy and her skin had turned pale.

Yahya Firas took a deep breath and fisted his shaking hands.

He opened his hands and put an arm under her, lifting her slightly as he encircled his tie around her petite waist to hold the card in place. He didn't think it would help much but he hoped for it to at least lessen the blood loss. A sharp hiss escaped Armineh's parted lips as he knotted the tie and Yahya Firas regretted doing it, putting her through so much pain.

'Keys. Keys.' He murmured to himself, trying to drown out her grimaces and Anaam's warnings while he patted his pockets. He need to keep his head to do anything, anymore.

'I have them.' Anaam said beside him, standing to his feet as he dangled the car keys in front of his eyes,'I'll get the car ready. Bring her.'

Yahya Firas didn't need to think more as moved closer to her, he sucked a breath as he removed hair from her face while she looked at him, drowsily. She just wanted to sleep.

'Stay with me, Armineh.' He spoke, softly, putting his arms under her knees and neck.

'Try to keep your eyes open for me, please.' Yahya Firas asked of her, pulling her weak body into his arms as he stood up, slowly- very slowly. Jerky movements could hurt her.

'You're going to be okay.' He murmured to her as he hurried out of the room while the police sirens blared in the distance.

I refuse to loose you.

✨✨✨