29

'Coming!' Armineh yelled as she snapped shut the laptop and kept it on the centre table from her lap.

'I am coming! Who is it?!' She shouted, almost running to the door as the door bell rang in quick successions as if they had forgotten to lift their finger.

'Anaam!' Armineh breathed as she pulled the door open, her chest heaving rapidly,'Did something happen? What are you doing, here? What's the matter?'

'No-No. It's nothing.'Anaam muttered, without looking at her as he moved inside the loft. Armineh opened her mouth to tell him that she almost had a heart attack hearing the bell when he interrupted,'I am going to bhai's room.'

He barely stopped to catch his breath but ofcourse, it was only Armineh who was panting between them.

'But Yahya Firas isn't in his room. He hasn't come home, yet.'Armineh uttered, rubbing her forehead as her eyebrows dipped in utter confusion.

'Yeah. I know. I'll be out soon.' Anaam said, walking past her.

'He won't mind?' Armineh called out to him, standing in the long corridor as she stared at his back.

'No, don't worry!' That's all Armineh heard from Anaam as he closed the door to Yahya Firas's door.

Anaam released a deep breath as he stood against the door. His eyes darting around the room, nothing was out of it's place as it was expected of Yahya Firas. The bedsheets were neatly arranged, no clothes in sight, whatsoever unlike in his room but as clean as it was, it smelled of cigarettes more than Yahya Firas, himself. He found the Ashtray brimmed with stubs on his side table and shook his head in disappointment, Yahya Firas wasn't coming on light and with the rate that he had been poisoning his lungs, Anaam feared Yahya Firas would die before him.

Anaam's wet his lips as he went inside Yahya Firas's walk-in closet.

His eyes searching, he rolled his lips inside his mouth as he rummaged through his hung shirts, blazers, suit jackets and jackets

His eyes searching, he rolled his lips inside his mouth as he rummaged through his hung shirts, blazers, suit jackets and jackets. His drawers came next, he was baffled to see them so organized. Watches, cufflinks were kept in neat rows and columns. Anaam found himself entranced with their styles as he marveled at his watch collection; big dial, small dial, leather straps, analogue, digital.
Ties rolled and socks knotted, arranged in the same manner.

Wow.

He shut the next drawer as soon as he pulled it open. It wasn't a lovely experience to have come across older brother's unmentionables. He should have thought of it, before.

Anaam looked around his walk in closet with narrowed eyes, stepping towards his shoe shelf and scoffed. Ammi had been worrying if Yahya Firas shopped for himself, if he had clothes to sleep in other than his suits, if she could only just see this. He chuckled, humorously, he will have to ask Yahya Firas next time take him when he would go to shop. He pulled his phone out of his back pocket and took a few pictures, he'd show it to his mother and erase all her worries but he knew, it wouldn't really make any difference since she'd find something else to fret over concerning the siblings.