Chapter 3

"Are you stalking me?" I mumbled through gritted teeth as Professor Turner resumed her lecture. Even though she was talking, all of the eyes in the classroom were still glued to the man sitting a little too close to my left shoulder.

"Oh please, you're not that lucky," he winked, flashing me a dazzling crooked smile. I rolled my eyes and turned back to face the board.

"... if the carbon chain is present in the reactants..." my whole 'paying attention' thing was interrupted by a sharp jab in my right side. I grabbed my side in pain, silently screaming as I turned to Makenna in anger.

"What the hell, Makenna?!" I spat angrily through gritted teeth. Her eyes widened in realization and she gently placed a hand on my shoulder.

"Oh my God, I totally forgot. So sorry," she whispered, and I scowled at her angrily. "Mea bellator?" She wiggled her eyebrow and I rolled my eyes, turning back to face the board. Of course, she just had to overhear. Another less violent jab to my side interrupted my thinking again.

"How do you know him?" She whispered, her eyes drifting over my shoulder to ogle Mr. Dark and Dangerous.

"I'll tell you later, when he's not eavesdropping," I replied in a hushed tone, sitting back upright and folding my arms tightly across my chest. I didn't know how I got through the remainder of the class, being between a stalker and a crazed friend. I could feel his eyes on me throughout the lesson and could see Makenna, leaning across the desk to get a better angle to ogle him, out of the corner of my eye.

It was madness.

Not only that, but no one else in the classroom seemed to be able to pay attention either. Heads kept turning around to look up at him, no doubt hoping he'd meet their gaze. One girl even chucked her water bottle at my head so she had an excuse to come down to our row and say 'excuse me' to him in the most disgustingly sweet voice.

Why, people, why?

As soon as the clock struck 12, I packed up my things and rushed out of there. It was suffocating; that room, sitting next to him, with everyone looking in our direction.

I could faintly hear Makenna shouting my name as I pushed the doors wide open, and, me being me, ran straight into someone and fell back on my butt. Awesome. Way to go, Jordan. I looked up, immediately recognizing the face.

He looked like sunlight, the same as he did last night at the party. Platinum blonde hair, piercing green eyes, golden skin. He flashed me a dazzling grin and extended his hand to help me up. I eyed it for a second, as if it were some foreign object, before taking it. He pulled me back up to my feet, dimples creasing into the corners of his cheeks when he smiled.

"Every time I run into you, you look like you're running from something," he chuckled lightly, running a hand through his silver hair. I smiled and brushed myself off.

"I'm sorry, I wasn't looking where I was going. It's chemistry, I was just trying to escape that hellhole of a class," I smiled politely and laughed lightly, adjusting the way my backpack was sitting on my back.

"And the party? What's your excuse for that?" He flashed another dazzling grin. There was something odd about his eyes, something... unnatural. They looked like the color of leaves, the color when sunlight rains through them at the right angle and they look like they're glowing. I broke eye contact, remembering he was still talking to me.

"I'm not big on parties," I shrugged. He tilted his head to the side, the sunlight casting a fierce shadow across his jawline. This guy looked like a statue. He looked like art.

"Introvert?" He raised an eyebrow, his lips curling up in a smirk.

"Guilty as charged," I laughed, trying to suppress the wince of pain. I didn't want anyone to know about last night. I just wanted to move on. The more people that knew, the harder it'd be to move on.