Chapter 12 - Trust

Cris' POV

Quietly smirking, "She thinks I'm hot." Kamea may not remember who I am now, but I will take it. I mean, I know I am handsome and all, but I do not use my looks to get women.

Everybody tells me, "Man, you can have any woman you want. Look at how they throw themselves at you." And they really do. But I am not that kind of guy. I am a one-woman man. And the one I want is Kamea.

Another thought came to mind, so I asked Kamea's parents. "Mr. & Mrs. Palu, when Kamea is released from the hospital..." I gulped before saying the next few words.

"I don't want Kamea to be alone at her house. I want to take care of her at my house. And I can give her the insulin shots. She is going to need help with her medications and so many other things. I can have a nurse stay with her during the day. A-and, Día, and Rocco would love to have her there. I would love to have her there too."

I was nervous, especially when it came to her father. Her father was a no-nonsense kind of dad. The biceps on her father was huge, so he really could break my bones. I have a muscular build myself, but nothing like her father. He must be at least 6'7" tall and have massive biceps. And his eyes, when serious, are also scary. "I really love her, and this is one way that I can prove it and, at the same time, gain your trust."

They just sat there, deep in thought, about what I just asked. Kamea's dad was a little hesitant at first, but Mama Jayde whispered something that changed his mind.

Kalani's POV

Initially, I was dead set on saying no. But I had a little convincing from Jayde. And besides, she told me if I did not, I would be in big trouble. Trouble means sleeping on the couch and no loving. I am not stupid. So, to get my point across, I am going to have a little fun with Mr. Cris. When it comes to my family, especially my girls, I do not play. Jayde and I have already lost our son. I could not bear it if Kamea or Noelani died too.

So, I got out of my chair, walked over to Cris, and motioned for him to stand up. I am 6'6", so I was looking down at him. Then, I got in his face and said, "My initial response was absolutely not. But thanks to my wife convincing me, we are going to say yes."

Cris was nervous and sweating, as he should be. "But, if Kamea calls me about you hurting her, I will hunt you down and rip you in half." I pretended that I was tearing him in half.

"Whatever is left, my brothers will handle. And just so you know, they are the same height and muscular build." After that, I walked back to my seat and sat down. I had the biggest smirk on my face. Jayde popped my arm. I was dead serious with what I said.

Cris gulped and stuttered, "Y-Yes, sir. I hear you loud and clear. My house has a bedroom on the first floor, so I will have her stay in that room. And hire a nurse for during the day. And I will take care of her in the evening."

"Good. Remember what I said." And I did the rip motion again.

"Leave him alone. He seems genuine. He is nothing like Reed."

The nurse wheeled Kamea back in. She was fast asleep.

So, we all went to get something to eat.

**********

*Speaking of Reed*

Reed's POV

With this disguise, no one will know I am back. I need to find out about Kamea, so my plan to make things right will go on without a hitch. I just hope she is still alive. I miss touching her beautiful, silky soft skin. I wish she would have let me hit it. "Why was she so dang stubborn?"