Chapter 34 - Goodbye, Jayde

Songs for this chapter: 'It's So Hard To Say Goodbye' by Boys to Men

'Encore' by Cheryl Lynn

Cris' POV

The week flew by fast. And it has been a rough one. Kamea has hardly gotten any rest. I had to force her to eat, not just for her but for our unborn twins.

I invited Noeli, Marco, and Kalani to stay with us for a little bit because we all need that support system.

Cam and Cocoa came back as promised. They stayed with us as well.

Cocoa and Kamea have become close. The day before the funeral, they had a heart-to-heart conversation, along with Alyshea Toscano.

*************

Cocoa's POV

"Cocoa, thank you and Cam for coming back."

"You're welcome, Kamea. That's what friends are for."

"Honey, your husband said you have not been eating or sleeping right."

"Ever since my mom died, it has been really difficult to do anything. I feel like a part of me died when she died. Most of the time, I lie on the bed - just staring at the ceiling or out our bedroom window. The only times I do sleep is when my princess or Cris is in bed with me. But it will only be for like an hour or two. Mrs. Alyshea and Cocoa, I feel so broken. Cris doesn't get mad at me, but deep down, he is."

"Kamea, he is just concerned. While talking to Cam and me, Cris never gave the impression that he was mad. He said he did not want to see you get so bad off that he would have to take you to the hospital."

"And we do not want to see you in the hospital, either. Cris broken too, honey."

"He is? I never thought of it that way. I was so busy worrying about myself and not how he felt."

"Kamea, losing a loved one is never easy. Let your husband be there for you through your grieving process."

"Here he comes. We will give you two some privacy."

Cris looked over, so I motioned for him to come over. My mom and I left.

Kamea's POV

"Can we talk for a minute, handsome? " I moved to where Cris was sitting and snuggled with him on the couch.

"Of course, sweetheart."

"I'm sorry for not realizing you were broken too. And I am sorry for worrying you. I did not think my mom's death affected you too. I should have considered your feelings too. I promise to do better with my eating and sleep better. I hope you are not mad at me." Cris started massaging my arms and then kissed me on my forehead.

"You didn't have to apologize, Kamea. And I am not mad at you. You started worrying about me not wanting to eat anything. That is why I forced you to eat. I want you and our babies to be healthy, understand?"

"Yes, I understand."

"Your mom was one tough cookie. And I see that same trait in you. I hope our twins are just like you and their grandma," Cris said while rubbing my belly after wiping my tears away.

"Thank you, handsome."

"Now, how about you and I go for a drive? I will take you shopping for an outfit for tomorrow. I will grab your keys and be right back. Wait here."