Chapter 16 - It's Official

Opening song: 'Don't Matter' by Akon

Song in the chapter: 'Crazy In Love' by Beyoncé

Kamea's POV

After I gave Día and Rocco their answer, I gave them both a kiss on their cheeks. Rocco, of course, started wiping it off. Everyone chuckled at him doing that.

Then, after I gave Cris his answer, I kissed him as if I would never see him again. After about 5 minutes, my dad started clearing his throat once he noticed we were fondling each other. Cris even put his hands on my butt.

"Are we just going to stand here and watch you two kiss all night? There are two sweet little children here, you know?"

When we broke from our kiss, Cris had my lipstick all over his mouth. So, I wiped it off with my fingers.

"Rocco, let me have the necklace so I can put it on Kamea's neck." Rocco gave Cris the necklace. I turned around so he could place it on me.

"I just wanted to say a few words before the party starts

"I just wanted to say a few words before the party starts. Thank you all so much for your love and support while I was in the hospital. It means so much to me."

"I remember when Rocco came over to me in the hospital and said I was pretty. I felt a strong attachment to them then. Rocco even asked Cris, 'Can the pretty doctor be your girlfriend?' I love that they both gave me their favorite teddy bears. That was special."

I started getting a little emotional, so Cris motioned for them to come over, and they held my hand. "They may not be my flesh and blood, but I love them as if they were my own kids."

"Take your time, sweetheart," Cris said while hugging me.

"To my charming boyfriend, the night we first met, I must admit that I was attracted to you. But, because of what happened with Reed, I did not think I could ever find someone who loved me for me."

"When I no longer had amnesia, and you told me everything you did for me, my attraction turned into love. You always told me that I was special, but I could not see it. Cris, you made me feel special, not just with words but also actions. I love you, Día and Rocco so much. You all have won over my heart."

"Now, everybody, enjoy the party." All the attention overwhelmed me, so I turned to lean my face into Cris's chest and cried my eyes out.

"Congratulations, baby girl. I am glad you found someone to share your heart with. Thank you, Cris, for treating my daughter like she deserves to be treated - like a queen," my dad said. What my dad told Cris meant a lot to me. So, I walked over to him and hugged him. "Thanks, daddy."

"I know you all sent me over to mom to harass Cris. But, he's a good guy, and he is mine."

"We had to make sure his intentions towards you were genuine. We don't play when it comes to Kami, Noel, and Marissa," my uncle Keoni says.