Chapter 13 - What Is Going On?

Cris' POV

I woke up to a pair of beautiful, brown eyes staring at me. I can definitely get used to seeing her waking up next to me. I know she still has amnesia but hearing her say those three words 'I love you' last night brought butterflies in my stomach. I can't wait for the day when she really says those words to me.

"Good morning, Cris. Wow, you are even more attractive up close," she tells me as she starts twirling my hair with her fingers and caressing my cheeks.

Kamea's touch sends shivers down my spine. At any other time, I would cater to her physical needs. But, I am a gentleman. And plus, she has Amnesia, and I don't want to scare her away or be broken in two by her father.

"So, what is life like for Mr. Cris? So far, I know you don't have a girlfriend. And you have two adorable kids. You are too attractive to be single." The last part she said seductively.

"Calm down, boy. Now is not the time for sexual urges."

"I recently broke up with my girlfriend. I discovered that she not only cheated on me, but she raised her hands to my kids. And, she asked them why they looked like they had a tan."

"Who says that to children?!" Kamea snapped.

"Día and Rocco's mom was African-American. She was about your height, had beautiful brown eyes, and her skin was silky smooth - like chocolate. I loved her so much. My parents raised my siblings and me to respect and love everyone, regardless of race. At the time, we were both 21 years old. When she told me she was pregnant, and we found out she was carrying twins, I was ecstatic. I had planned on proposing to her after Día and Rocco were born. But, she passed away shortly after Rocco was born." I got off the bed and grabbed a picture from the living room. I showed Kamea the picture.

"Her name was Alicia."

"I'm sorry to hear that she passed. She was beautiful, and so are your kids. Well, someone as attractive as you will find that special one who will not only love you but also love your children."

"I already have. She just hasn't opened her heart to let me in. I will wait forever for you, Kamea, if I have to." I smiled and proclaimed quietly.

"Well, she is one lucky gal."

Kamea's POV

"I hope I am that lucky gal. He is not only hot but sweet, loving, and protective, and his children are just adorable."

Cris's POV

At this point, we were both staring into each other's eyes. It seemed like an eternity. But in reality, it was only a few minutes.

I snapped out of my trance, saying, "Speaking of my children, I need to get them ready for school. And then get myself ready for work. Would you like me to take you to the kitchen? Then, I will make you and the kids' breakfast."

"I would love to."

I went to the other side of the bed, picked her up, and carried her to the kitchen. She kissed me on my cheek and said, "Thank you." Kamea rested her head on my chest.

**************************************

After Día and Rocco were dressed, they headed downstairs. I went to get myself ready and then headed downstairs. It is my first day back since Kamea's accident. By the time I made it to the kitchen, I had admired the scene that was before me. "Look at my future. I don't see my life without her in it."