Chapter 45 - It's Reception Time

Kam's POV

Layla's reception area was beautiful - a large table with two head chairs, one for Layla and one for Ryan. I sat on the corner chair next to Layla. And Cris sat on the corner chair next to Ryan. Braelyn sat with Dia and Rocco. There were bright, vanilla-scented candles over the area. And even a dance floor was set up for us. There was a variety of dishes, as well as Diabetic for Cris and me. It was buffet-style.

"What would my beautiful wife like to eat?"

"Everything. Bella, Kekoa, and I are hungry." My handsome husband fixed me a plate, then fixed one for himself.

After everyone had their plate and was eating, Layla asked me, "How did you and Cris meet?"

"My friend, Tamia, wanted to cheer me up because of a bad breakup. She took me to Cris' club. I'll let Cris tell you the next part."

"My security team and I pick who enters the club. I saw Kamea and Tamia in line and knew I wanted her all to myself. So, I made sure they got in and had VIP seats right near me. We had a dance contest that night, and Kamea danced to "Get Me Bodied" by Beyoncé. She won, hands down. And I was very 'happy,' if you know what I mean."

"He sure was Layla. Well, I don't want to brag, but dancing is a passion of mine. After that, I thought we would never see each other. At the time, I was a Dietitian. My boss wanted me to take a new patient. And guess who it was? Cris. From that day on, he said he loved me, but I was hesitant. It took me two months to realize I loved him. He asked me to be his girlfriend, and then I asked if we could go ahead and get married. I already knew that he was the one I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. And we did."

"You still dance? It's been a while since I did. And it's not bragging. If you got it, use it."

"Well, I have one that you, Noeli, and I could do for Ryan, Marco, and Cris after your first dance. That should get you back in the groove. After your first dance, cut your cake so the kids can be focused on eating it and not watching the dance. How did you and Ryan meet?"

"We met at a party. My friend, Alicia, was dating Ryan's friend, Dean. Alicia invited me over, but don't get me started on what happened there. Anyway, Dean introduced us to some of his friends, one of which was Ryan. We instantly looked at each other, but at the time, I was scared of a relationship. I'll let Ryan tell the rest."

"I had broken up with a cheating ex two months before we met. I was ready to find the woman I wanted to settle down with. When I saw Layla walk in, I was instantly attracted to her. I saw confidence, beauty, and smarts. She gave off a look of 'I don't have time for games when it comes to dating.' So, I knew I wanted to talk to her. I followed her after she went to the kitchen to get something to eat. Then I saw Layla go out on the balcony. I saw that as my shot. She told me she wasn't interested in dating and that she had a daughter. In my mind, I was willing to wait for her forever if that was what it took to date her. We started talking, and then we danced together. The cheating ex of mine somehow got into the party. She saw us dancing and came over and threw her drink at Layla. Layla was pissed and blurted out that we would be going out on a date and told my ex to back off. She wanted to try and give us a chance. We have been together since that day."

"Ryan, Layla talked about you every time she would talk to me on the phone," Layla's mom mentioned to everyone. Layla was blushing, and Ryan gave her a smirk.