Alice

I stand in front of my mirror examining myself…mainly my breasts. Two pointy, light pink nipples stick out of the pale skin around it. The contrast is astonishing, the way my skin fades in to them.

  I bring my hand up to one of my nipples and I gently squeeze it between my fore and middle fingers, I rub it until it starts to feel sensitive, then I run my fingers up to my lips. The way the pale skin on my face fades in to my pink lips is the same as with my nipples. Its not at all an amazing fact, but I think about it.

  I pull up my dress and put on my shoes, I’m not wearing a bra tonight simply because I don’t feel like it. Simply because I like my breasts a lot, its been a while since someone’s paid them attention and in my mind, I’m done with Brice, I need change, I’ve been with him for years now and I’ve grown tired. I’m becoming a woman… and I need a man. Tonight I’m going to end it with him.

  He’s on his way to pick me up, we’re going to the airport to see my mom off, then we’re going down town to a restaurant to talk. That’s where I’ll do it. I’ve cried all of my tears for him and I’m ready to do this.

  I reach downstairs and mom is already gone with Jack to the airport, they left much earlier so mom could get everything in order. I walk to the bar in Jack’s house, this place has everything I swear its not even funny.

   I need a drink for this, I don’t even drink but I feel like this is one of those moments where a girl just needs to.

   The bar is full of odd looking bottles with all sorts of designs, wine, rum, gin, you name it, Jack has it. Jack… even his name is sexy, mysterious even. I sigh at the thought, I’m really a fucking mess.

  I pour myself a drink from something in a pretty bottle, I don’t know much about alcohol so I went with whatever caught my eye. And I happen to choose the worst possible thing. I start to gag when the taste hits me, it burns my throat as it goes down. I run over to the sink and start washing my mouth, the taste just feels like it doesn’t to leave but eventually it does. I seal back the bottle and my phone starts to ring, “Hey babe I’m outside,”

“okay,” I respond

I hang up. Here goes nothing.