Alice

The doctor arrives and he attends to Jack. I don’t even understand what’s going on and no one will tell me anything. He asked me not to tell mom, what the hell. He’s asking me to keep a secret from my mother, he wants me to keep a secret from his wife?

  This is all just insane, but I can’t stop worrying about him. He seems hurt badly, I need him to be okay, seeing him this way makes my chest hurt. I walk over to the doctor and the two other guys, Elias and Max. The doctor looks up at me, “He’ll be okay, I stitched up his cuts and took a look at a few of his Other minor injuries… he has one major issue though.” I swallow hard

“A concussion, a small one but any size concussion is cause for concern, it will still have his balance off, he’ll have headaches and probably blurry vision, you need to pay close attention to him, let him rest here and if he displays any major signs of illness, call me.”

He hands me his card, closes his bag and leaves.

Elias walks over to me, “He’ll be okay… when he wakes up he’ll explain everything to you… I don’t think its my place too.”

   I nod, he and the younger one, Max, leave. Its just me and Jack now and I have no idea what to do. He’s asleep, peacefully. The memory of him bleeding, coming in the house and asking me not to tell mom lingers, I don’t know what to do but I think I’ll wait and at least hear him out before I act. I head downstairs and lock up everything then take my stuff to the couch opposite to Jack’s. I have to sleep here tonight to keep an eye on him. It’s gonna be a long night… but atleast I get to spend it with him.