Alice

I roll over on to my side and rub my swollen eyes. I'm feeling a bit better, but true recovery is a long way off. I sigh as I realize its night, I've been in bed the entire day, all I've eaten is breakfast and I don't know how long ago that was.

Mom had called earlier in the day, hysterical about what happened, she can't come home and for that reason she feels helpless, but I can do without her, I know she loves me but honestly her presence won't really make a difference.

Jack's presence is the only thing that seems to help, and he's been gone all day. I'd spoken to Laura as well today, she's furious and feels ass helpless as mom... but no one feels as helpless as I do. I can't close my eyes without seeing him, without wondering what might've happened if Jack wasn't there, wondering why I couldn't do anything to help myself. I keep thinking that it's all my fault, maybe if I'd done something different, anything, ended it sooner, done it less abruptly, anything, the tears start to well up again but I try my best to hold them back, my eyes, nose... my entire face hurts from all the crying I've done and I feel like if I rub my eyes again the skin might peel off.

I drag myself downstairs to try to keep my mind off of it, I head to the kitchen and there's food down there, with a note next to it, its from jack. It reads, "I won't be back until tonight, but the house is under guard, no one will get to you, I'll be watching through the surveillance cameras, call me if you need anything and I'll do my best to get it, you'll be okay, Alice."

'You'll be okay' those words sound meaningless and far off to me. I sit down and try to eat the food but its hopeless, I have no appetite, no desire for anything but to lay down, my strength is gone.