Jack

I enter a low stance as my training partner max rushes in, max grabs my neck and tries to get me down to the ground, both of us are sweaty so slipping away from him is easy. He keeps attacking, trying to take me down but I’m not going down for anything after seeing what bulldog did to the last guy he was on top of.

   The plan for this fight is to strike with bulldog, stay on the feet, though he has power in his hands, his punches are wild and he leaves himself exposed to people like me who are Precise with strikes. He also has a tendency to rush forward and when he does, I’ll take him apart with my speed and accuracy.

  Coach calls time, I high five max and I walk toward my bag for some water. “Jack, you’re almost on weight, only a few pounds to cut before Wednesday night, be here early tomorrow morning lets leave for the venue and cut that weight okay?”

“Will do Elias.”

“You looked great today, as long as you keep this fight standing and you keep your wits about you, we can take this home, after this fight, comes the champion.”
I nod and coach Elias leaves. I pack up my stuff and head home.
                                    ***
  The traffic downtown is horrendous for this time of evening, but it gives me time to think as I go. Thoughts of Brice fill my head, thoughts of that night, if I hadn’t been there, what might’ve happened? I shudder to imagine…
  No one would probably even find out if something did happen, because of the power of Brice’s father. Well, No ordinary person would be able to, I’m no ordinary person and come the court hearing, they’re going to learn that.
My phone rings,
“Hello?”

“Mr. Carlisle, its Gina,”

“Oh hey Gina, what’s up?”

“Well sir, you told me to keep tabs on Casper Shevrakian…He’s making moves.”

“What kind of moves?”

“For one he’s digging through a lot of the transactions of the company, I guess he’s searching for anything that would out your position in jeopardy and well, he’s filing claims for certain things that are in your use under his father’s name…”

I bite down on my Jaw, this guy…

“Sir, he’s out for you, he wants to take a lot.”

“I know…thanks Gina, I owe you one,”
“Anytime sir.”

“Oh, tell Burt I said happy birthday, I’ll be sending him something soon,”

“Sir, that’s okay, you know, Burt’s fine, we know we can always rely on you.”
I smile, “Gina it’s the least I can do,”

“Okay Sir, I appreciate it.”

I hang up.
Shevrakian is out for me, I can’t afford to slip up, I need to know what his plans are, i need to figure it out soon.