Chapter Fifteen

I lay on my bed with my rose in my hands, I look out the window and at the stars. They were beautiful, the full moon was also out lighting my room up instead of being in total darkness. I smile softly to myself just relaxing as much as I could, this was what I loved about night's like this, not hunting innocent animals or having arguments with Bella.

My relaxation was interrupted by my phone ringing loudly through the silence, I sighed and untangled my fingers from the rose's stem to reach my phone from the bedside table. I saw Sam's grumpy face light up my screen and answered the call, "hello." I said lazily through the line.

"Anastasia you need to come down here, right now." He said gruffly, I sat up with a jerk wondering what was going on. It must be something serious if he was calling at this time.

"What is it? Is Nathan ok?" I rushed out in worry for the boy, I heard Sam sigh and a few people shouting in the background.

"We have a new member of the pack." Was all he said, I groaned and ran my hand through my hair in frustration.

"Tonight?" I asked with a whiny tone.

"Just get your ass down here." He then hung up, I huffed and got out of bed. Why does it have to be now? Of all times. I pulled the same white top I was wearing today over my singlet and grabbed my shoes before going downstairs to check on dad, I saw him past out on the couch with a beer in his hand and sports playing on the tv. I rolled my eyes and turned off the tv, I also took the beer out if his hand and placed it on the table.

"Night dad." I whispered before silently walking out of the door, making sure to lock it on my way out as Bella has a key. I look up to the full moon and watch as my skin begins to glow in the moonlight. It was so beautiful at this time of night, but I couldn't stand here all night as much as I wanted to.

I quickly ran towards Sam and Emily's house where the lights were on, "Sam?! Nathan?!" I called as I made my way into the unlocked door, typical. "Boys where are you!" I yelled through the night. This was the second time I arrived here only to see no one making me slightly worried.

Hearing shouting from behind the house I quickly run around to where everyone was. It was hectic, Jake looked like he had shifted and was freaking out, Paul was shaking on the verge of shifting looking angry as ever. Sam was shouting at everyone to shut up and Emily and Nathan stood in the background with frowns on there faces.

I rolled my eyes and raised my hands, a loud boom of thunder and lightning lit up the sky, "shut it!" I yelled at them. Everything went silent before they started yelling things at me, accusing each other. Another clap of thunder made them go quiet once again, "what the hell is going on?" I asked with crossed arms.

"Jake is being an idiot, he can't control himself." Jared growled looking at Jake's wolf angrily. Jake lowered his head and whined sadly.

"You couldn't control yourself I bet, cut him some slack." I told the boy, I walked over to Jake who backed away. I raised my hands, "I won't hurt you, I know your scared right now but everything will be explained. Trust me." I said calmly, "You need to turn back into your human form, just think...human." I shrugged not really knowing what to say to help him. Jake closed his eyes, after a moment I heard cracking of bones and watched him shrink and change until he was human and...naked. Wow, didn't see that coming. Should have though.

Embry then handed me a blanket while looking anywhere but at the new shifter. I snorted and grabbed it to put over Jake who quickly covered himself with a blush, "let's get inside, we'll explain everything." Sam said.

"Blunt much." I said quietly before helping Jake up and helped him inside as he was still shook from what happened, don't blame him though. It was hard enough turning into the monster I am today.

We all walked inside and sat in the living room, I wrapped my arms around Nathan and rested my chin on his head which he didn't complain about. I watched as Sam told Jake everything, I thought he was taking it quite well, until he stormed outside angrily. Sam sighed with frustration as he watched him go.

"He'll come back." I assured them, "time for bed." I grabbed Nathan's arm and dragged him to his bedroom.

"I'm sixteen." He whined childishly as I tucked him into bed.

"Yeah, and I'm six thousand years old. Night honey." I watched as his face turned into shock before I switched the lights off and closed his door. I walked back into the living room, seeing everyone still there, "I think it's time for bed guys, don't you?" I kissed Emily on the forehead and patted Sam on the head before walking out and back home. That was fast and eventful all at the same time, I wonder what Jake's shifting will bring to my very long adventure.
💙