Chapter Twenty Six

The ride home was quiet, we were all thinking about what had just happened. I could see Bella and Edward holding hands making me smile, their love was unusual but it was love.

I looked out the window seeing the welcome to Forks sign, this is the second time in arriving in Forks, but this time I'm with my vampire mate and Bella's vampire mate instead of our normal police officer dad. Things change so fast.

Alice pulled up in our driveway and it was silent, "bye, I guess." Bella said from the back, I open the door, "you can go with them, Violet. You need to see the Cullens." She told me, I smiled.

"Thank you Bella, love you." I said as I closed the door.

"Love you too." She said quietly before getting out of the car and slowly walking to the door.

We don't talk again as Alice drives home where apparently everyone was. I get out of the car and walk inside. Waking into the living room I see everyone either sitting or standing there, this is just like when they left.

I cross my arms, "well it's good to see you guys too." I said sarcastically with my arms crossed.

"It really is good to see you, Violet." Esme was the first to speak, she stands up but doesn't move to hug me or anything as if she was nervous. I roll my eyes and sigh pulling her into a hug myself.

"I missed you guys." I smiled at them, their faces broke out into smiles and they all stood up to hug me. I sit down wanting to hear about what they have been doing. Looking up I saw Edward standing there I the corner looking unhappy as usual. "Edward, go to Bella, she needs you." I told him, he nodded gratefully and left.

"He'll bring her here to vote soon." Alice said happily after seeing the vision.

"Vote for what?" Emmet asked her with a frown.

"To vote about her becoming immortal, the idiot girl." Rosalie explained angrily, I didn't even tell her off for calling her an idiot cause she was right.

It was soon quiet again as no one talked, why was this so awkward? "You didn't answer our texts." Jasper stated with narrowed eyes.

"I know and I'm sorry, I just couldn't handle a long distance relationship so I distanced myself from you. Those relationships never work anyway." I explained.

"And your telling us this from experience?" Rosalie asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Yes and no. I don't really wanna talk about it right now." I told them.

"Wait, so in Volterra you said you were intertwined into the werewolves future, what does that mean?" Alice asked, damn it she remembered.

"Well, as it turns out Sam found a boy and he said his grandfather had visions and I was in most them, so I'm kinda like the queen of the werewolves now." I said rather quickly but I knew they all understood me and I wasn't excited about their reaction.

"Their queen? why would you want to be a bunch of dogs queen?" Rosalie asked of course, she's always the one with an angry comeback.

"I didn't really have a choice." I answered vaguely. I didn't know how long we've been talking for but Bella and Edward walking in snapped me out of the conversation and my thoughts. We all stood in a circle, our attention on the only human in the room.

"You all know what I want and I know how much I'm asking for," Bella started, "and the only fair thing I can think of is to just vote."

"You don't know what your talk-"

"Shut up." Bella cut Edward off turning to look at me, "Violet? Please." I crossed my arms and shook my head, instead of answering I left the room, I didn't want to be apart of this. I heard her then ask Alice, I growled and walked outside to get some fresh air even if I didn't need it.

I sat down on the ground and looked up to the star's as they twinkled in the darkness of the night, I loved how it wasn't cloudy for once.

"Violet?" I heard, I looked ahead and saw Jake walking out from the trees.

"Jake, what are you doing here? You shouldn't be here." I told quickly looking behind me to make sure no one came out of the house.

"I had to make sure you guys were safe." He said, I sighed and let him sit next to me.

"They're having a vote in there to see if Bella should be one of us." I said with a shake of my head showing my disappointment.

"What did you say?" He asked, I saw him looking at me curiously from the corner of my eye.

"I couldnt say anything, I walked out of there." I answered, Jake nodded probably liking my answer. We didn't talk after that, just enjoying the night sky and the company from each other. At least I can have someone's company without feeling like their trying to figure my whole entire existence out and I was truly grateful to Jake for that.
💙