Chapter Seventeen

After hours of running through the woods, which was very tedious to say the least, we ran back to Sam and Emily's house. All the boy's flopped into the chairs breathing heavily, I rolled my eyes and went to help Emily with late lunch.

"Find anything interesting?" Em asked everyone as she set a plate of muffins on the table, nobody answers as they all dig into their food.

I chuckled, "nope, same old boring trees." I said with a smile. As everyone ate I heard footsteps walk towards us, I look up and see Nathan trudge into the room. "Hey buddy, how ya feelin'?" I asked.

"I feel like shi-." He cuts himself off when I give him a look, "poo." He finished, I chuckled amusedly and let him eat. I look out the window, seeing the rain still pouring down from the sky, clouds covered the sky making it darker than it's supposed to be.

"Why are you here, Violet? Bella asked before as well." Jake suddenly brought up, I opened my mouth to answer in some sort of way but someone beat me to it.

"She's our queen. Supposedly." Jared shrugged making Jake look even more confused.

I sighed, "I'm here because Sam thought it was best to keep me around in case the legend is true." I explained slowly so maybe he could get something into that thick scull of his.

"And what legend is that?" He asked, everyone looked at each other with a look of annoyance. The boy's don't even know the full story but they know the gist of it, the only people that know it are me, Sam and Nathan.

"I've got this guys." Nathan spoke up with a smirk, "ok, so my grandfather said he had visions, visions of the future. He always told me the most important and vivid visions, he spoke a lot about a woman with turquoise eyes and blonde hair ruling over wolves. He said she was a bloodsucker, and the wolves were shapeshifters. Oh, and her name was Anastasia Louella Hillianet." He finished, it's still weird hearing my real name even though Sam calls me Anastasia, I will never get used to it.

"Wait, so your real name is Anastasia? Why did you change your name to Violet?" Jake looked at me with a frown.

"Well, I had to go into hiding. My family used to call me Violet instead of Anastasia anyway because those were my favorite flowers and I almost obsessed over plants." I said thinking back to the time when my family used to be with me, such a long time ago now.

"You never told us that." Embry pouted making me roll my eyes with an amused smile plastered on my face.

"It's not that important." I declared to him.

"And your a bloodsucker." Jake stated now with a look of distaste at the ground. I suddenly felt slightly self conscious about my immortality. I cross my arms over my body and look down.

"She doesn't eat humans, she's harmless to us." Sam decided to pipe up to which I was grateful for.

"Harmless? She could rip my head off in a second. She's dangerous." Jake growled at his alpha but backed down a bit when he saw Sam's glare.

"Well yeah, but she wouldn't hurt us." Embry tried to reason like the sweet boy he was, "she takes care of us."

"I know it's hard right now, Jake, but I promise I won't do anything against you. I want to help, not hurt." I say with emotion in my voice to show I was honest. Jake huffed and sat back down in his seat, he looked at the table with glare and I could swear I heard a growl coming from Nathan but I could be wrong, Nathan can't growl.

I was dreading going home to see Bella, she would ask so many questions that I just couldn't answer right now. She technically lost Jake who came running to my side, that has to look bad. Hopefully she doesn't think I'm taking him away from her because that's definitely not the case. I'm so glad dad doesn't know anything or he'll be killed on the spot because of him trying to hunt the pack and Cullens down. The Cullens, I haven't seen them in months. I wonder what they're doing right now.

"Hey, do you mind if I stay the night?" I asked Sam and Em, out of the corner of my eye I saw Nathan perk up a bit.

"Of course you can stay. You don't sleep so you won't take up any room." Em smiled at me happily, I returned her smile and took my phone out to text dad and tell him I wasn't going home.

"Yay, let's have a movie night." Nathan said with a grin.

I chuckled, "you're such a kid. And yeah, sounds fun." I said, he poked his tongue out at me childishly making me even more amused.

"I'm up for movie night." Embry spoke up, Jared nodded vigorously in agreement.

"I guess we're having a movie night tonight." Em chuckled, this is going to be a long night.
💙