chapter eight

A few weeks went by and things seemed to be going great. Steve would come over when my mom was at work, and she never suspected a thing. And at school we were with each other all day so we were happy.

I was laying in my bed about to fall asleep when I heard a knock at my window. Naturally, I began to feel anxious. I slowly approached the window, but was relieved when I saw Steve.

"What are you doing here? It midnight and my moms home, she's gonna here you!" Steve crawled into my bedroom from the window.

"I'm sorry, I just had to see you."

"Okay, but be quiet!"

Steve and I both curled up in my bed under the covers. The warmth of his body was comforting. "I could stay like this forever."

"Tony, when we're older, let's get a place of our own."

"What?"

"I mean it. We'll escape all this, and be happy together." Of course I wanted to runaway with Steve, but just the thought of it made me anxious. "What do you say, Tony?"

I didn't answer. Suddenly, I began to hyperventilate.

"Oh no, are you having another attack?" Steve said, sitting up in the bed, trying to comfort me. I felt the walls closing in on me and my breath shorten.

Steve wrapped his arms around me and whispered, "It's okay. It's okay," over and over again. I turned around and hugged him tight. My breathing began to ease.

"I love you, Rogers."

"I love you, too, Stark."

sorry this book isn't very good :(