Beauty Guru?

Avoiding David has forced Evelyn into coming up with creative excuses, excel in acting, and nail sneaking past David to her room.

Truth be told, she didn't know why she was avoiding him. It's not like he knows what she was feeling that one night and avoiding him will only make it obvious, won't it?

Stressing, Evelyn walked to the elevator, leaving for work.

"RAH!"

"AH!" Evelyn screamed, throwing her purse at her attacker.

She peeked through her fingers, seeing David laughing at her reaction.

"Ugh David." She groaned, going to pick up her purse, "How long have you been waiting there?"

"Since you told Alex you were getting ready for work."

Punching his shoulder, she rolled her eyes at him. "I haven't seen you lately." David stated, a questioning look directed towards her.

Evelyn dug through her purse, not meeting David's gaze, "Yeah, I've been hanging out with the girls from work lately. Speaking of which." She said, walking towards the elevator again.

David fell into step with her, "Well when you have time in your busy schedule," he teased, "you should hang out with Liza and me, I want my two favorite girls getting along."

Evelyn cringed waiting for the doors to open, "Not as sweet as you think that sounds."

David laughed, "Just make sure you keep it in mind, I'll make Alex tag along. Make it sort of like a double date."

Evelyn gave him a curious look, "Does that mean you and Liza are official?"

"We haven't really told everybody yet. We want to keep it to ourselves for a little while longer."

Nodding in understanding, Evelyn smiled at David as she stepped into the elevator, "Well I'm happy for you, god knows how long you've been pinning after her."

David rolled his eyes, "Ha ha. I'll see after work?"

Evelyn felt a ping of longing and softly smiled at David, "For sure."

David waved just as the doors closed, transporting Evelyn downstairs.

                          •.    •.    •.    •.    •.

"And look who returns

"And look who returns."

Evelyn raised her eyebrow at Brennen who approached her. Turning to look behind her, she pointed to herself, "Are you speaking to me?"

Brennen touched his chest, "Wow ouch."

She smirked, "The only one returning is you and I didn't even ask. Who's really in control here?" Trailing her finger down his chest before walking past him to the refreshment table.