On Set

"Cut scene!"

Evelyn stood next to Charlie as the actors on set dispersed, annoyed looks thrown at the director.

"This is the third cut within the last hour." Charlie whispered, a frustrated expression on her face.

"At this rate we might not get the episode done by the due date." Evelyn mumbled, "Aren't you allowed to do anything?"

"I wish. It's not a big enough issue for the higher ups to take notice. He's just running himself behind but I will be mentioning this at the next meeting."

Evelyn took notice to the nervous glances the director sent Charlie.

"I think he has a feeling you might."

Rolling her eyes, Charlie turned to the director's direction, "I'll be leaving to check on another set. This episode better be done by the time I come back." She called before leaving, beckoning Evelyn to follow.

Following Charlie out into the lot, she checked her list of the sets they needed to visit by today to check on progress.

Charlie groaned, typing away furiously at her phone. "I need to head inside to talk to someone real quick. Are you okay waiting by yourself? Better yet I'll meet you at the next set. Where is it?"

"The next one is suppose to be 'All American'."

"Ooo my favorite. Alright I'll see you there in half an hour." Waving bye before leaving Evelyn to herself.

Making her way to the refreshments table, she snagged a water bottle and gulped down the cold drink, taking a moment to collect herself but not for long.

"Well well well."

Evelyn winced.

"I'm starting to think you're following me Rodriguez."

Evelyn gave a weak smile to her co-worker Jackson, who looked at her with smug humor.

"Just taking a break for a moment while Charlie is gone." She explained.

"Don't let Cormac see you doing that." He joked but made Evelyn slightly paranoid.

Cormac was the other assistant around the lot next to Charlie but he was much more of a kiss up and a hard ass ever since Charlie got into the running to become an executive.

Until then Evelyn was her assistant as Jackson was Cormac's.

"Where is he anyway?" She asked, straightening herself up in case the creep sneaks up on her.

He's always catching her at the worst time, snitching on what a bad assistant she is making Charlie go red in the face from anger.

"He told me he had to go inside for a quick meeting. Left me to myself. I'm assuming you're in the same situation." He said, eyeing her in a way that made her fidget.

Jackson had a way of making her squirm and cringe. Jared had noticed the day he visited her at work, making his testosterone flare as he made it clear Evelyn was his only. Not that Jackson cared.

"Yeah but uh-" Evelyn glanced down at her phone, "I gotta head to the set and meet up with Charlie." She said, pointing her thumb behind her as she backed away.

"Aw come on Rodriguez. I know she's not out of that meeting yet. Humor me a little bit."

Evelyn rolled her eyes before perking up at a familiar laugh. Finding the bushy brown hair hidden beneath a black hat, she felt her heart pick up speed.

Jackson groaned, "Not this guy."

Evelyn threw a confused glance at Jackson, "You know him?"

"He's been by the set a few times lately." He said, glaring in David's direction.