"eighteen"

❛ feel her wrath and extreme self-doubt. ❜

"𝐈 𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐧𝐨 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞, 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫

"𝐈 𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐧𝐨 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞, 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫."

Angel had been dropping off some papers in the office courtesy of Miss Keane when she overhead Jordan hastily break up with his sort-of-girlfriend, Chloe. The girl didn't know who to comfort as she wasn't on the best of terms with either of the younger teens.

Jordan would not accept the help of the school when it came to his abusive father which had put a strain on the best friends relationship and Angel still didn't like Chloe's bratty attitude she had towards people.

Luckily for the girl, she didn't end up having to choose between the two because Mr Simpson had begun comforting the young girl which meant the brunette was able to go and find Jordan. However, things never seemed to go the Evan's girls way as she wasn't able to find the fleeting boy anywhere. Angel kept an eye out for the younger Wilson boy the whole day but there was no such luck.

She even looked out for the young boy she cared a lot about at lunch, but all she got was Missy's moody face and half of Nas's cold lunch. The older Booth sister had been extremely quiet and Angel knew something was wrong with her, and that suspicion was confirmed when Missy turned to her best friends with a look of worry upon her face.

"If I tell you something, promise you won't shout?" Missy questioned Nas. She had waited until the other girl had turned up as Angel was known to be a peacemaker between the two.

"It's about that Aaron, isn't it? Cant you see's here to cause trouble!" Nas snapped to her best friend. Aaron was her half-brother and the teen wanted nothing to do with him, whereas Missy really liked the boy and the two were close to becoming boyfriend and girlfriend.

The two then began to argue about the blonde hopping on any guy that comes around and Angel would normally be trying to stop the two from fighting but her mind was elsewhere.

She was still thinking about her pregnancy scare and whether or not to tell Cory and her friends. Even though she was now on birth control it still worried the girl. Also, the fact that her mum was back was playing on her mind massively as she didn't want her dad to know about the half-brother she now had.

"Angel, were you listening to us?" Missy asked the girl who had spaced out from their conversation. The brunette quickly looked up at her best friends but realised that Nas was now not sitting there and she was storming out of the canteen.

Angel sheepishly shook her head which made the blonde playfully roll her eyes, she then filled in the girl on what she had missed and without realising it they had accidentally missed ten minutes of their last lesson.

"Sorry I'm late Sir." Angel mumbled as she walked into her biology classroom. The teacher nodded before asking her to quickly sit down which she obeyed, Cory smirked at his girlfriend's red face as he knew she hated to be the centre of attention, and just to embarrass her even more once she sat down beside him he leaned over and kissed her deeply, this made the class erupt in cheers which made the girl blush even more.

Angel couldn't help but notice the sour expression Naveed had on his face who sat the other side of Cory but just blamed it on the fact that Nas had broken off their fake wedding. The rest of the class had gone on normally until Angel overhead her boyfriend talking to Nas's ex.

"You know I didn't mean owt before, Tell you want, if you audition for that school play I'll do it with you," Cory apologised to Naveed. This made the brunette roll her eyes and snort at the same time as she then imagined all the rude things the boy could've possibly said to the kind boy.

"Now that's something I'd come and watch," Angel giggled as she imagined what her boyfriend would look like in a cute little costume. As the couple continued to flirt with one another throughout the lesson they were oblivious to the Pakistani boy who sat right next to them giving them dirty glares.

Due to Cory having Rugby practice after school, Angel decided to head home instead of wait around in the cold for an hour out of school hours. She had managed to get in touch with Jordan and luckily he was okay, he just decided to take the day off school and even though the two still weren't on the greatest of terms - she still cared.

This also brought up the memory of her and Cory's fight not to long ago that they never resolved. The brunette was half grateful that they were able to work things out so easily and half upset on what he said to her. After the short walk home, she quickly said goodbye to Nas and Missy who were now talking to one another and made it down her little alleyway to her house.

What she didn't expect to see sitting outside where she lived was an expensive looking car. Angel scrunched her face up in confusion before making her way over to her front door, what made her quicken her pace to get inside was once she saw who sat in the car - her mum.

"Love please talk to me!" Claire pleaded with her daughter. She felt extremely bad for never getting in contact with her after giving birth to her and Steves baby, but she knew it would break her daughter's heart and she had already done that enough with having the affair. The brunette ignored her mother's request to talk and began to search for her front door keys in her bag.

"Please hear me out Angel, you know it hasn't been easy for me over the last few years either!" Claire desperately continued on. This made something inside of Angel snap, she had been through hell when her mother left and she couldn't believe that she was now back and playing the victim.

"Oh so you're year hasn't been easy? How about having parents who are never around, or a boyfriend who's dad beats the crap out of him daily, hm? Or how about having best friends who one's mother is a drug addict and the other has to have an arranged marriage to be able to feel accepted. Or what about the feeling of terror of thinking your pregnant when you can't even look after yourself! You've had it easy mum, all you had to do was leave!" The brunette screamed.

This shut the mother up straight away and at this point both girls had tears running down their faces, with one last look at her mum, Angel swiftly went inside and leaned against her door to carry on crying, but not before mumbling out a quote that Mrs Paracha had once told her.

"Family is a lot more than the blood running through your veins."

o. 𝐬𝐥𝐨𝐰 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬.