"thirty one"

❛ sometimes it all gets a little too much. ❜

𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐤𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫-𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥 𝐝𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧, that's what Angel got for fighting with Alya

𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐤𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫-𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥 𝐝𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧, that's what Angel got for fighting with Alya. At first the brunette was going to complain about the harsh punishment, but Mrs Carter made her change her mind after telling her it was either that or exclusion, which definitely shut the girl up.

After the eventful school day and two hours of detention Angel quickly made her way outside the room that it was held in order to go home, she would've gone straight to Cory's but her dad had been told about the fight and he insisted that she came immediately home. What stopped the girl from opening the school's doors was the racing boy retreating from a nearby classroom, Angel squinted her eyes to try and see who the racing figure was and quickly noticed it was Jordan.

"Jordan whats wrong?" Angel panicked once she noticed the boys scared expression. Mrs Carter was just behind him and had her car keys placed in her hands with a worrisome look on her face as well.

"It's me dad!" Jordan cried out as he thought what Cory had just rung him about. The three quickly all ran to the headmistress car and speeded their way to the Wilson boys home.

What Angel didn't expect to see was the father sitting on top of the two-story houses roof with a crowd of concerned people begging for him to get down. The two brothers tried their hardest to get their dad down from doing something stupid, but nothing seemed to work, that was until Cory shouted up something he had never spoken to anyone about, not even Angel.

"Do you remember when Mum left us? You know, when she walked out, do you remember what you said to us? You said you'd never leave us, I'm sorry for what I said before, Ok? We do need you," Cory pleaded to the man as he cried.

Even though the father had done horrible things to both boys, the family really did love each other. Angel didn't realise she was shaking until Miss Keane placed her arm around the terrified girl, the teacher knew how much the Wilson brothers meant to her, and if they lost their dad to suicide, she knew how devastated both boys would be.

After a few moments of silence, the father finally agreed to get down, Angel was extremely grateful that the father would not be ending his own life, not just for the brother's sakes, but for his as well, as there was so much more to life that he had yet to experience.

Unfortunately it seemed like Ackely Bridge was cursed, as things seemed to always go wrong, and this time it was that as the Wilson boys father began his descend to the window he climbed out off, instead of getting back to safety he ended up falling backwards and right onto his back.

The next few minutes seemed like a blur to Angel as one minute she was watching the two brothers having a heart to heart to their extremely injured father, and the next minute he was being wheeled into an ambulance. Angel didn't get to speak a word to either of the boy's before they both got into the ambulance with their dad, this seemed to disband the group on onlookers as it was soon only Angel who was left at the Wilson family's house.

The brunette ensured that she would be fine left alone, but that wasn't exactly the case because as soon as her two best friends heard about what happened, they rushed over to see how she was. After Nas and Missy had pulled the girl into a large hug, the three began to clear up the dirty and messy house in hopes it would make the brothers feel slightly better when they came home from the hospital.

"Nas, you okay?" Angel questioned after she noticed the pained expression on the brunette as she reached up to grab something.

Both Nas and Missy quickly looked at each other in panic as due to Angel having a lot on her mind recently, they both decided to keep it a secret that the older Paracha sister was accidentally stabbed by Razia. The younger girl had got into a fight with Sam and went to stab her with a science scalpel but Nas accidentally got in the way which resulted in her getting the wound.

"Razia might've accidentally stabbed me yesterday, but I'm fine!" Nas promised once she saw her best friends panicked look, she quickly explained what happened and that they didn't want to tell her due to a lot going on her life already, all the brunette could do was sigh in worry and gently pull both girls into a hug again, the duo quickly left after that as Angel got a text from Cory telling her that he and Jordan were on their way home, he also stated that their dad was going to be kept in for a couple of days but reassured her that his dad was going to be fine. Once the sad looking teen walked into his house, he was instantly pulled in a hug by the girl he loved.

"I love you, Cory Wilson." Angel mumbled into his shirt which she was clutching onto. She hated seeing the ones she loved in pain, this experience also made the girl realise how much she really did care about Cory, this prompted her to fully forgive the boy and want to be boyfriend and girlfriend again.

"I love you too, Angel," Cory whispered as he kissed the girls head, even though he was still extremely sad and worried about his dad, the girl he was currently holding made him feel safe and at home wherever they were.

"Angel Evans' will you please be my girlfriend... again." Cory quietly asked as he pulled away from the brunette. Some might see it as quite strange that he asked this after what had happened to his dad, but nothing in their relationship had ever gone smoothly.

"I'd love to be your girlfriend again," Angel blushed and laughed slightly as he had read her mind at what she was going to say to him, as the two were about to lean in and gently kiss each other, Jordan had to ruin the moment and storm into the room which the two were in.

"Cory, do you want gravy with these chips?"

o. 𝐛𝐨𝐲𝐬 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐬𝐚𝐝 𝐭𝐨𝐨.