"thirty seven"

❛ every end is a new beginning. ❜

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐫𝐮𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐜𝐮𝐝𝐝𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐮𝐩 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐛𝐨𝐲𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐨𝐟𝐚 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐖𝐢𝐥𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐛𝐨𝐲𝐬 𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐞𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐢𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐝, as the brother's dad was back she decided since Jordan woul...

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐫𝐮𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐜𝐮𝐝𝐝𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐮𝐩 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐛𝐨𝐲𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐨𝐟𝐚 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐖𝐢𝐥𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐛𝐨𝐲𝐬 𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐞𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐢𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐝, as the brother's dad was back she decided since Jordan wouldn't come home that she would help Cory look after his recovering father.

It was all going smoothly until they both heard the front door open, in walked Jordan with burnt clothes. He had obviously done something bad as his face said it all. Both teens quickly stood up at watched the quiet boy in disbelief, but what shocked them more was when the boy's father walked in and spotted his son.

"It's okay," Was all the father could say, the three then quietly began to change Jordan of his burned clothes and Angel began to wipe the ashes off his face with a wet towel. It may seem odd to other people that no one would tell the boy off for burning something, but family looked out for each other - blood-related or not.

"You were lucky the fire were put out, I can't believe you saw Mum," Angel heard her boyfriend speak from where she sat in the bathroom, she was trying to wash out the rag she used from cleaning the boys face but the black wouldn't come out of the fabric.

The police had also just turned up to interview Jordan because he had set his mums pub on fire - not that they knew that - but apparently prior to this he had gone to the pub with a few mates to cause trouble and was the last one to be seen there. Jordan didn't reply to his brother and instead rushed into his bedroom. The brunette sighed before dropping the rag into the sink and joining her boyfriend on his stairs.

Cory looked extremely tired but somewhat grateful when he heard the front door close, the police had left and the brother's father seemed to back his son up all the way, even if that was through lying to the authorities. Angel didn't know what to say to the broken boy, so mumbled out what they said to each other every day which put big smiles on each other's faces.

"I love you, Cory Wilson." She mumbled into his neck after pulling him into a side hug, the boy didn't say it back as he was too mentally drained to reply to anyone, but he did manage to kiss the girl he loved on the top of the head.

The brunette didn't want to leave both her favourite boys, but Cory insisted she go to the Paracha home where she was supposed to be doing the girls make up for their prom which was tonight, after many hugs and reassuring kisses to her boyfriend - and even a small smile from his father - Angel made her way on the short walk to Nas's home. None of the excited girls seemed to pick up on the Evan's girl sad mood as they were all too excited for the prom they had been desperately waiting for.

"Missy, you look beautiful!" Nas screeched once her other best friend had walked downstairs. Angel had just finished curling Razia's hair and all three girls did indeed look amazing. It was a bit of a blur from then onwards as the prom went on quickly and before Angel could even blink it was results day for the year eleven's.

The summer had gone by smoothly for the brunette, she spent most days with the Wilson brothers whilst trying to help them get their dad get better, and then the other half of her time with her two best friends. Luckily all three of her year eleven friends passed all their exams brilliantly. Angel was currently on her way to her boyfriend's house to see how Jordan had done in them, that's when she saw Cory storm out of his house and lean against his wall.

"Whats wrong?" Angel worried once she had jogged up to her boyfriend, things had been going great between the two and his dad was getting back on track after his incident, she hadn't seen the teen this upset and angry in a long time.

"Jordan got into an art school, it's a proper course at a college, he's gonna move there," Cory fumed. It's not that the boy was unhappy for his little brother, but he just couldn't is left alone again with his dad again.

"This is a good thing, Cory!" Angel almost squealed. She knew it was the best thing for her younger best friend and she just hoped he could make it somewhere in life. The teen boy scoffed at his girlfriend, he was angry but he restrained from shouting at his girl.

"It's selfish! That's what it is," He mumbled to her. Angel sighed at the stubbornness of her boyfriend and plonked herself next to him on the wall he sat on, she looked up into his sad eyes and gently smiled.

"When my mum left, I was devastated, she was someone I could always talk too and she broke my heart, one night when my dad found me crying in my room again, he pulled me into a hug and whispered something to me that I'll never forget," Angel started. This seemed to spark the boys interest as the girl hardly ever spoke about her mum, the brunette took a deep breath in before continuing.

"He said that when you love someone you protect them from the pain, you don't become the cause of it, and that's how I knew that I was better off without her, don't do the same to Jordan." The girl continued.

The words she spoke were stuck in his head for a while, and before he knew it Mr Bell was loading his car with the younger Wilson boys things so he could take him to his new home at college.

Angel watched as his father pulled him into a big hug before letting him go, Cory was still unsure what to do so he watched from the inside of the house they stood outside of, it was now the brunettes turn to pull her best friend into a embrace and Angel tried hard not to let any tears come out.

"I'm so proud of you Jordan," Angel mumbled into his shirt, Jordan gently kissed the top of the girls head and whispered an 'I love you,' in which she murmured back. As the boy drove away to his new life, the brunette could tell that her boyfriend was going to regret not saying goodbye to his brother so she quickly walked inside and stormed up to his room.

"Cory Wilson I swear to go if you don't go and say goodbye now, I will break up with you."

That was all Cory needed to hear to sprint downstairs and run after the car, he knew she wouldn't actually break up with him, but the boy needed a push to go and apologise for being selfish towards Jordan. What startled the girl from her proud state was the Wilson brothers dad gently poking his head into the room and saying something that made the brunette giggle.

"That boy is so whipped."

o. 𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐮𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞.