Chapter 2 - The lovely enemy

Eleanor's POV

I woke up with a pounding headache. I rubbed my temples without opening my eyes. I opened my eyes immediately as I felt a strong arm wrapped around my waist.

Shit! I hissed under my breath as I remembered what happened last night. No. No. No. What have I done?!

I turned around and looked at the stranger who was sleeping beside me on the bed. The stranger who I gave my virginity. I had kept my virginity to my husband, but now.... Damn it! I gave it to someone who I didn't even know his name.

I pulled his hand away carefully, trying not to wake him up. He sighed without waking up and rolled over. I pulled the cover away from my body and got up. I squeezed my eyes shut as I felt a pain between my legs. I picked up my clothes and put them on quickly. I wanted to leave the suite as soon as possible. I grabbed my clutch and left.

As I walked into the elevator, tears fell down my cheeks. I wrapped my arms around my waist as I started crying hysterically.

As the door opened, I walked out, placing my hand on the wall for support; my legs were shaking. I left the hotel while ignoring curious eyes staring at me.

****

I knocked on the door and leaned against the wall. I felt numb.

"Ellie..." Jane didn't finish her sentence as she saw my expression. "What happened? Are you okay? You look...messy." She asked, concerned.

I hugged her tightly and started crying again. She hugged me back.

I was sitting on the couch, staring into space. Jane brought me a mug of herbal tea. I took it and thanked her. I took a sip and squeezed the mug between my cold hands.

"What happened, Ellie? I am worried." She asked, concerned.

I bit my lower lip, feeling embarrassed. I took a deep breath and told her about last night.

"Why did you do it?" She asked, giving me a disapproval look.

I shrugged, staring into space. I couldn't look her in her eyes. I felt ashamed. How could I be this irresponsible?!

"I don't know... I couldn't think straight. I wanted to punish him...but..." I murmured and sighed, shaking my head.

"But you punished yourself." She cut me off.

I nodded and started crying. "I wanted to keep my virginity to my husband, the one, but... last night I lost my virginity to someone who I don't even know his name." I mumbled and covered my face with my hands.

I stripped off and walked into the shower. I turned on the water and stood under the water. My tears were mixing with water. I put some body shower on wash cloth and started rubbing my skin roughly like I wanted to vanish his touches, kisses.

Asher's POV

I wrapped the towel around my waist and walked out of the shower. I placed my hands on the sink counter and looked at myself in the mirror. I smiled as I remembered her, my stranger. It had been two weeks since our night together, full of passion and desire. But I couldn't get her out of my mind. Her flawless skin, her tempting red lips, her mesmerizing eyes, her response to my touches, her soft moans. But she had left before I woke up. I wanted to ask her so many questions; who was she? Why did she come with me to the hotel? Especially, after finding out that she was a virgin. I was getting crazy because of these questions. After that night, I went to the same nightclub every night that maybe I could find her, but she disappeared like a ghost.

After putting my clothes on, I went upstairs. I stayed at my parents house last night. After greeting my parents, I started having breakfast.

"Oh... Ms. Perfect is back." My father commented while looking at the newspaper.

"Who?" I asked.

"Arthur's daughter. She graduated from Oxford University with a first-class degree. She is intelligent, beautiful and has good manners. All in one." My father said mockingly.

I was intrigued. Arthur and my father were enemies. They were rivals. We owned a well-known real estate company in the world. My father and Arthur had a conflict in a project five years ago. After that day, their non-stop ego fight started. But I didn't know about his family. He was a private person, and he didn't like to live in the spotlight as well as he didn't let his family be in the spotlight.

I stood up and approached my father. "Could I look at her? I haven't seen or met her before." I said.

"Because she has been in England, and she isn't a girl who goes where you go. I hate her father, but I should be honest. She is a good girl." My father said, giving me a sarcastic smirk. I gave him an arrogant smirk and took the newspaper.

"Shit!" I exclaimed, looking at her photo, my eyes wide.

"What happened?" My father asked curiously. My mother was staring at me too.

"Umm...nothing." I muttered and cleared my throat. "Are you sure? Is it her?" I murmured without taking my eyes off her photo.

"Of course, Asher

"Of course, Asher. I don't have vision problems. What the hell with you?! It is her, Eleanor Miller." My father snapped.

I smiled sheepishly. Finally, I found her. My stranger. Now you can not run away from me.

Eleanor's POV

I was staring at the people, feeling bored. I wanted to stay home, but my father refused and told me that I had to attend the event. It was a charity event; my father was one of the sponsors. So, I had to attend the event. Fortunately, Jane was here too.

"Oh, your handsome enemy is here too." Jane said, amused and winked at me.

"My enemy?" I asked, confused.

"Asher Edward Wright. Edward Anthony Wright's son. Your father's enemy." She replied.

"Yes. Meaningless rivalry." I said, shaking my head in disapproval. "I haven't seen his son before. But I heard about his reputation." I confessed and rolled my eyes.

"With this appearance, even I would be a playboy. He is smoking hot. I don't condemn the girls who were blessed by him." She said in awe and winked at me mischievously.

I shook my head, smiling and turned my head towards the direction where Jane was looking.

My eyes widened in shock as I saw him.

"Oh, my...." I gasped, staring at him.